Page 106 of 227 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    That only means that they won't extend the budget, not that they don't have any. I reckon only Hyundai and Toyota would be capable of raising more money midseason.

Though I have to agree that Citroen not providing three cars on the majority of events is less than promising. They have virtually no chance of winning the manufacturer's.
    Last edited by Watson; 18th January 2018 at 11:03.

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    That only means that they won't extend the budget, not that they don't have any.
    It's open to interpretation.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    “When you look at what Kris did when he won in Finland with the DS3 [in 2016] this was incredible, his speed was so robust and he has such a capacity for speed – we all know just how quick is Kris Meeke and we know it’s possible to win consistently with him.”
    The first 3/4 of the quote is totally right, the last part I really wonder how he got that.

4. Likes: pantealex (18th January 2018),steve.mandzij (19th January 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    he mentions about the spirit inside the team. Seems there is a serious problem

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    That's only natural after such a disastrous season. The thing is that he won't be able to lift the team's spirit for long unless they show results on a more regular basis.

7. Likes: A FONDO (18th January 2018)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    We might actually end up in a situation where Serderidis will be nominated to score points! After all, it only takes two WRC cars to retire, and Serderidis to finish and he will be in a potential point scoring situation!

9. Likes: nafpaktos (18th January 2018),pantealex (19th January 2018)
    Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    i don't think citroen has future with that kind of approach.I really can't understand why they have small budget.When a big company like citroen enter a world championship must spent some money that goes without saying.I dont think if they spent money wrc they will bunkrupt.i really can't understand their logic(if there is).
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    There was a pretty big problem, but things improved a lot mid way through last year and helped further with the introduction of Besse.

Meeke didn't feel the support from a few members of the team and felt he wasn't listened to on a number of issues with the car/ what updates they needed to bring.

The penny started to drop when Mikkelsen severely severely struggled in Sardinia, and with Loeb + Mikkelsen both making it clear the car was very difficult to drive even reasonably quickly, in certain conditions. The man who penned and oversaw the designing of the C3 was moved aside, as well as a few other Citroen personnel being moved on. Arrogance and risk taking in the designing and engineering phase cost the team a lot and it took the team a while to realise and admit this (maybe somewhat understandable considering the success that has poured out of this team for 15+years).

There's still a lot of work to do though, and it's a disappointment they've got a smaller budget this year. Even more so when you factor in that they've got Sheikh Khalid's money pumped into the team. If it wasn't for him, I'd guess that Citroen wouldn't even be in the WRC this year.

However this 2018 season could go one of two ways imo; If Citroen can get the car to the drivers liking and improve it even further on all events/ surfaces, this year could be a springboard to get them back to having a full assault in both championships in 2019 (with an increased budget, a proper 3 car team and the addition of a top driver like Ogier). But if they can't find a way to get this car to be more driver friendly, and get Meeke and Breen consistently on the pace on most events, I fear this will be their last season in the WRC and they'll just withdraw.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Already noting Breen's test... and I'm not talking about his off but there is one video he slides quiet WIDE at the rear and a similar video of the Toyota... JML controls the situation.. so perhaps Citroen still haven't gotten that Wild Tail issue fixed...

In saying that - I know conditions are different between the Toyota and Citroen Test ie Road, Ice, Snow etc.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

I'm pretty sure the Ogier ship has sailed for good. There was this whole episode with Loeb and when they tried to get him last year they didn't put in a proper offer. He will retire with M-Sport the only question is when.

Citroen should have tied down Mikkelsen when they had the chance.

If they continue in 2019 they have to either grab Sordo or Paddon or go for a youngster like Tidemand.