Page 102 of 127 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1261

Thread: Citroen WRT

  1. #1011
    Senior Member er88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,014
    Like
    885
    Liked 589 Times in 282 Posts
    Meeke won 2rallies and it most likely would've been 3 had the car not broken down in Corsica. Every driver who has driven the C3 has complained about how narrow an operating window it has, and the clear faults that exist. These are just facts, just like how he crashed to much by pushing the car too hard at times.

    So 6/10 for his season is probably fair.




    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  2. Likes: peter_85 (28th December 2017),RS (28th December 2017)
  3. #1012
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v š s k y l š
    Posts
    2,137
    Like
    6,751
    Liked 718 Times in 351 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Meeke's season was better than Paddon's, but Paddon had a co-driver change, girlfriend change and the spectator accident none of which was not his fault. Also the car was better suited to other drivers in the team and he crashed from the one rally he was leading. He also suffered a number of technical problems on rallies where he could have been successful. (Sweden, Mexico, Portugal).
    Maybe change of girlfriend was his own fault
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  4. #1013
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v š s k y l š
    Posts
    2,137
    Like
    6,751
    Liked 718 Times in 351 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Meeke won 2rallies and it most likely would've been 3 had the car not broken down in Corsica. Every driver who has driven the C3 has complained about how narrow an operating window it has, and the clear faults that exist. These are just facts, just like how he crashed to much by pushing the car too hard at times.

    So 6/10 for his season is probably fair.
    OK car was/is bad. Who was developing it? test driver 2016?

    Meeke!
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  5. #1014
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,916
    Like
    819
    Liked 1,749 Times in 555 Posts
    I don't think it's right to blame Meeke too much for all what's wrong with the C3 WRC... We cannot tell how much influence he had on the people who designed/engineered the car. The struggle CitroŽn is going through reminds me of the days Peugeot had the 307.

  6. Likes: AnttiL (28th December 2017)
  7. #1015
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    18,304
    Like
    5,659
    Liked 8,336 Times in 3,851 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    OK car was/is bad. Who was developing it? test driver 2016?

    Meeke!
    test/develop driver, cant do whatever he wants to the car. he can give his opinion/feedback,if they will listen to him and act accordingly is a different matter.

  8. Likes: Mirek (5th January 2018),pantealex (28th December 2017)
  9. #1016
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,046
    Like
    16
    Liked 106 Times in 67 Posts

  10. #1017
    Senior Member KiwiWRCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    426
    Like
    104
    Liked 314 Times in 141 Posts
    Kris Meeke interview with Ulster Radio https://clyp.it/fb4i5lvg
    Open & honest review of 2017 season and looking ahead to 2018
    Includes comment that it was Kris's own call to step aside for Rally Poland
    Check my twitter feed @ https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan
    Growing old is a physiological certainty. Growing up is a psychological option.

  11. Likes: Rally Power (6th January 2018)
  12. #1018
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,802
    Like
    2,012
    Liked 1,408 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    Kris Meeke interview with Ulster Radio https://clyp.it/fb4i5lvg
    Open & honest review of 2017 season and looking ahead to 2018
    Includes comment that it was Kris's own call to step aside for Rally Poland
    Thatís quite a revelation! So, what will now say the brit journos and Meeke fans that eagerly crucified Matton?
    Rally addict since 1982

  13. #1019
    Senior Member nafpaktos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nafpaktos,Greece
    Posts
    834
    Like
    532
    Liked 192 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    Kris Meeke interview with Ulster Radio https://clyp.it/fb4i5lvg
    Open & honest review of 2017 season and looking ahead to 2018
    Includes comment that it was Kris's own call to step aside for Rally Poland
    i remember kris being disappointed for not competing in poland.if i am not mistaken he has said that it was not right decision to stay out from rally poland and matton has said that it was mutual decision.I believe that know kris try to rebuilt his relationship with matton by refute what actually said in the past.pathetic!!
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

  14. #1020
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    18,304
    Like
    5,659
    Liked 8,336 Times in 3,851 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    i remember kris being disappointed for not competing in poland.if i am not mistaken he has said that it was not right decision to stay out from rally poland and matton has said that it was mutual decision.!
    thats what i remember too from their interviews.Strange...

  15. Likes: cali (6th January 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •