Page 78 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 1,543 Times in 677 Posts
    That's a pretty revealing interview from Matton. Again he's going to look bad if Ogier doesn't end up signing and they seemingly let Mikkelsen walk.

Big question is if they get their man how does that team come together next year? Unless they run four cars someone is getting turfed out. Loeb/Lefebvre sharing a car seems to make sense. You have to wonder if it's between Kris and Craig for the other seat...

Again I think the four-car rule is needed to save the career of Sordo, Hanninen and maybe Meeke?
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

2. Likes: AnttiL (5th September 2017),EstWRC (5th September 2017),jparker (5th September 2017),pantealex (6th September 2017)
    M-Sport 2x Champions 2017 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 3,471 Times in 1,875 Posts
    If Ogier leaves for Citroen I think he'll regret it. As they say, never go back..

Liked 2,640 Times in 1,191 Posts
    well, that interview says it all really...really sorry for m-sport
    Tšnak: "Better than I expected. Lots of sideways - and we enjoy that."

5. Likes: AnttiL (5th September 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (5th September 2017),pantealex (6th September 2017)
    Liked 1,846 Times in 883 Posts
    So, for CitroŽn is Seb or Seb.

Liked 353 Times in 172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    That's a pretty revealing interview from Matton. Again he's going to look bad if Ogier doesn't end up signing and they seemingly let Mikkelsen walk.

Big question is if they get their man how does that team come together next year? Unless they run four cars someone is getting turfed out. Loeb/Lefebvre sharing a car seems to make sense. You have to wonder if it's between Kris and Craig for the other seat...

Again I think the four-car rule is needed to save the career of Sordo, Hanninen and maybe Meeke?
    As far as im aware Meeke is there next year for the full season, can't see that changing now. If/when Citroen announce Seb they will have not only filled their need for a French driver, but will have signed the best driver in the world. Someone is going to have showcase the new C3 R5s potential and that is a perfect role for Lefebrve (maybe Breen on 1 or 2 events).

Citroen/ PSA can't just expect that car to sell really well off the back of the last 3 cars being iffy (C3, two R5s). Maybe stepping back for a year like Evans would benefit Lefebrve too, as he has been hugely out his depth this year. No pace and constant crashing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. Likes: AnttiL (5th September 2017),Simmi (5th September 2017),WUff1 (6th September 2017)
    Liked 215 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    As far as im aware Meeke is there next year for the full season, can't see that changing now. If/when Citroen announce Seb they will have not only filled their need for a French driver, but will have signed the best driver in the world. Someone is going to have showcase the new C3 R5s potential and that is a perfect role for Lefebrve (maybe Breen on 1 or 2 events).

Citroen/ PSA can't just expect that car to sell really well off the back of the last 3 cars being iffy (C3, two R5s). Maybe stepping back for a year like Evans would benefit Lefebrve too, as he has been hugely out his depth this year. No pace and constant crashing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Unfair to Lefebvre, who was the leading CitroŽn in Poland. He's been nowhere pace wise but he hasn't crashed nearly as much as Meeke or Paddon.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 1,543 Times in 677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Unfair to Lefebvre, who was the leading CitroŽn in Poland. He's been nowhere pace wise but he hasn't crashed nearly as much as Meeke or Paddon.
    The two statements I've bolded are kind of at odds with each other.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

11. Likes: AndyRAC (5th September 2017),er88 (6th September 2017),EstWRC (5th September 2017),pantealex (6th September 2017)
    Liked 215 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    The two statements I've bolded are kind of at odds with each other.
    I've failed with wording again. I meant that saying he's crashed constantly was unfair. Then again, I don't recall many of his rallies this year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 340 Times in 234 Posts
    If Citroen are going to get Ogier (probably have signed the deal already-as some people already said in this forum the silly season over now it's just the announcements left), they should let Meeke, Ogier & Breen drive full time, and Qassimi share the forth car with Lefebvre or something...but that's assuming the FIA will permit 4 car teams....if it stays 3....the drivers will be in a bit of a pickle.
    If in doubt, flat out!

Liked 35 Times in 20 Posts
    I'm not having the Leferbrve in Poland stuff, he was 3min 11sec off the lead after what was his best ever appearance in a WRC car, Meeke after what was a disaster in Finland, where he had no confidence and lost well over a minute with a puncture was 3min 12sec off the lead.
    I'm not using this to support Meeke, rather show that I just don't think SL is anything like quick enough to justify a seat. Not crashing is very little use if you're that slow.

15. Likes: b3637853 (6th September 2017),er88 (6th September 2017),pantealex (6th September 2017),steve.mandzij (5th September 2017)