Page 32 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Didn't Xavier Mestelan Pinon, the man who was the lead on the previous WRC and WTCC efforts, go and work in Formula E instead?

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Ah so Citroen do have problems...I thought it was all made up by British journalists....
    Since Italy it become obvious the C3 has major problems. No point to elude neither them nor Meeke's driving issues, which are known from a long time.

More than keep playing a blaming game, what any rally fan can wish is that Citroen is able to fix the car or start to draw ASAP a new one for 2018.

I've mentioned Peugeot case before: the initial '15 Dakar proto was a flop but they didn't spend much time trying to improve it; they've choose to design a new car for '16 and it became a winning machine. Probably that's what Citroen needs to do.
    Rally addict since 1982

3. Likes: satnav (30th June 2017),TWRC (30th June 2017)
    Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    Didn't Xavier Mestelan Pinon, the man who was the lead on the previous WRC and WTCC efforts, go and work in Formula E instead?
    Yes, but his replacement was said to have been involved since the C4 WRC days, so...
    What struck me today was when Mikkelsen said that the setup they worked on during testing (in the dry) is not good for the wet. How could they think it was going to be? Looking at onboards from SS2, his car seems to be much much harder set up than ie. Ogier's...

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Ah so Citroen do have problems...I thought it was all made up by British journalists....
    So fake news on both sides of the Atlantic puddle then!!!!???
    Who will tweet Trump to give him a heads up?

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    You don't know what Meeke reported in testing and how Citroen responded. I suspect a certain amount of engineering arrogance may have gone down along the way.

Which again shows a lot about Meeke if even his own engineers do not take him seriously and do not listen to him. But then again that is probably not what happened.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada View Post
    Which again shows a lot about Meeke if even his own engineers do not take him seriously and do not listen to him. But then again that is probably not what happened.
    What is definitely clear is that everyone, including Citroen, pre season, thought they had the best car, and what is obvious now is that on gravel, so far, the car is a disappointment pace wise other than Meeke who gets the set up right and then over drive it and crash.

My guess, like most people, is that it is likely damper related considering that they seem to have pace on tarmac rounds where it is less important.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    How about to stop the useless blame talk? None of us knows how it was.
    Last edited by Mirek; 30th June 2017 at 17:06.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: cali (30th June 2017),dimviii (30th June 2017),itix (30th June 2017),noel157 (1st July 2017),satnav (30th June 2017),steve.mandzij (30th June 2017),TWRC (30th June 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    It will be interesting to see if Mikkelsen starts to get a handle on the car, but perhaps the changes he influenced end up moving it out of the comfort zone of Meeke and Breen. Future events will tell better with more normal conditions. And he could still end up leaving the team after Germany. Would be quite ironic.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    What is definitely clear is that everyone, including Citroen, pre season, thought they had the best car, and what is obvious now is that on gravel, so far, the car is a disappointment pace wise
    Good point. None of the teams really knew where they sat pace-wise pre-season.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    What is definitely clear is that everyone, including Citroen, pre season, thought they had the best car, and what is obvious now is that on gravel, so far, the car is a disappointment pace wise other than Meeke who gets the set up right and then over drive it and crash.

My guess, like most people, is that it is likely damper related considering that they seem to have pace on tarmac rounds where it is less important.
    Or aero, or possibly a combination of both.

Seems to me the C3 doesn't look as efficient in aero department, not that I'm an expert, but there is an old saying that if it looks right, it probably is right.

What I have found, as a basic road car the C3 has the worst aero efficiency of the four cars the wrc cars are based on.
    Citroen C3 0.307
    Ford Fiesta 0.287
    Toyota Yaris 0.29
    Hyundai i20 coupe 0.3

Ok, the last two I have not found exact figures for, and the Hyundai, which appears to be the best car this year so far is closer than the rest in coefficiency figures, but it does look more aggressively styled at the front.