Page 24 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 184 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I am bit confused. After the test they changed some parts but they will first come in the rally? Meaning Mikkelsen couldn't actually test/find setup with them?
    I think they probably got one new diff in the test car and all drivers agreed that it was an improvement. So, Citroen decided to homologate it but couldn't manufacture 3 sets of it plus spares in time. No1 driver gets priority.
    Last edited by macebig; 24th June 2017 at 21:52.

Liked 647 Times in 316 Posts
    Could Mikkelsen actually be fast having made changes to the car? But will he pull off a Meeke, and crash from lead? Or will he continue to "learn the car"? Or will the new parts fail him? Lots of open questions.

Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
    Seems even more ridiculous to drop Meeke now. Admit they got the car wrong, and bin the one guy who dragged a win out of it. Lefebvre is slow and crashes...

4. Likes: bf1_IRL (25th June 2017),er88 (25th June 2017),WRC1 (25th June 2017)
    Liked 88 Times in 63 Posts
    Wonder if Mikkelsen told Citroen what was in the diff of the 2017 VW, and Citroen went back to workshop to make their own version?

Liked 69 Times in 38 Posts
    If you read some of my earlier posts i believe the diff torque split (among other things) was requested by Meeke some time ago, but they refused to even test it.

Liked 248 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Seems even more ridiculous to drop Meeke now. Admit they got the car wrong, and bin the one guy who dragged a win out of it. Lefebvre is slow and crashes...
    And Meeke is fast and crashed as well. At the end of the day, they are the same, not bringing in any manufacturer points and causing heavy repair bills for the team.

Liked 503 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Let's see... Who was the development driver of said car again? Oh yeah... Meeke.
    He is appearing more and more useless.

But Meeke's bravery (whether it be right or wrong) and pace convinced Citroen they had a quick car capable of winning rallys.. when actually they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    And Meeke is fast and crashed as well. At the end of the day, they are the same, not bringing in any manufacturer points and causing heavy repair bills for the team.

He test drove the car when it was presented infront of him. Major concepts of the car are wrong. He was not, nor did Citroen have, a development driver.

Liked 503 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    But Meeke's bravery (whether it be right or wrong) and pace convinced Citroen they had a quick car capable of winning rallys.. when actually they dont.
    Pretty much everyone everywhere claimed the Citroen was the fastest before this season.

Personally after having evaluated the season so far, I believe Citroen to be on approximately the same level as Toyota and Ford (i.e. Behind Hyundai).

If we remember last seasons, Citroen was capable to win with Meeke only when they had a road order advantage over the Ogier/VW combo. Now they outpace the Ogier/Ford combo also from a similar or worse road position with Meeke and similar pace with Breen on individual stages.

Citroen has managemental, and reliability issues (and massive driver issues with Meeke), but I don't believe the car to be fundamentally flawed.

Sensitive to setup maybe... But not incapable.