Page 145 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I don't think so. I have university degree in Mathematics. I skipped only the first year when I was studying Physics and Mathematics.
    That information makes what you said previously even more ridiculous...

2. Likes: AL14 (30th May 2018),arko5 (31st May 2018),cali (30th May 2018),dimviii (30th May 2018),EstWRC (30th May 2018),juhoman (1st June 2018),pantealex (30th May 2018),steve.mandzij (30th May 2018),tommeke_B (30th May 2018)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    If thats the case, i hope he wins 5 more championships with m-sport.

Any team that doesn't try to sign ogier doesn't deserve to be champion.
    I think You didn't get the point. Let's see if Ogier even continues next year. I don't bet on that.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: pantealex (30th May 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I think You didn't get the point. Let's see if Ogier even continues next year. I don't bet on that.
    Imo one of his (remaining) motivation points was to "beat" Loeb, but not necessarily in number of titles. You could clearly see how his motivation in Mexico went up 300% when Loeb was ahead after Friday.

He has already won titles with different manufacturers unlike Loeb and this year he has beaten Loeb directly in 2 rallies (in Mexico Loeb got puncture just as Ogier was closing on him and in Corsica Loeb crashed from behind Ogier).

So if he also beats Loeb in Catalunya and gets a new title. It's quite possible he'll leave.

On the other hand I also think there might be a (very) slim hope of him going to Citroen if Breen/others finish on podium in 1-2 more rallies and Citroen goes in properly. Also considering that Matton is now gone.
    Last edited by mknight; 30th May 2018 at 10:15.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Imo one of his (remaining) motivation points was to "beat" Loeb, but not necessarily in number of titles. You could clearly see how his motivation in Mexico went up 300% when Loeb was ahead after Friday.

He has already won titles with different manufacturers unlike Loeb and this year he has beaten Loeb directly in 2 rallies (in Mexico Loeb got puncture just as Ogier was closing on him and in Corsica Loeb crashed from behind Ogier).

So if he also beats Loeb in Catalunya and gets a new title. It's quite possible he'll leave.

On the other hand I also think there might be a (very) slim hope of him going to Citroen if Breen/others finish on podium in 1-2 more rallies and Citroen goes in properly. Also considering that Matton is now gone.
    You're not considering the amount of millions he gets every year if he drives.
    Imo if he will stop it will not be because of his choice but because other will not sign him.

I wonder why nobody would do that btw, Mirek what makes you think nobody wants to sign him?

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    And why should he want to leave M-Sport? Seems to be performing quite well. Money...well, i believe he has it already, he can use part of it to make it grow in an easier way. Family life and risk vs motivation to compete and be the best is another subject.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I wonder why nobody would do that btw, Mirek what makes you think nobody wants to sign him?
    Nothing. I believe he is thinking about to stop himself. Of course I may be wrong.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    And why should he want to leave M-Sport? Seems to be performing quite well.
    I think he is only half-satisfied with the amount of "factory support" M-Sport has, since he was so vocal about it.

Reason why teams did not sign him in summer 2017:

- his speed during most of 2017 was not impressive at all, no real dominant win, 2017 Monte was after Neuville crashed, 2017 Portugal while better he was still slower than Tanak before Tanak got the issues

=> This, combined with how he refused them at end of 2016 and Tanak being from Estonia made Toyota sign Tanak

- Hyundai had 3 drivers at that point and certainly not enough money to pay Ogier, I guess they got Mikkelsen cheap

- so Citroen was only real option which somehow did not work.

----------------------------------------------
    Now going towards Finland (and negotiations time it's quite different):

- both in Mexico and Corsica he has shown he still has the speed

(- Toyota might still not want him since they have Tanak)
    - Hyundai can be interested depending how negotiations with Neuville go
    - Citroen might be an option again and now the car is seemingly decent on most surfaces

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    No way; if Ogier was really serious about leaving he’d have done it last year, after proving he can win with any car. Rosberg shocking retirement made him doubt for a while (his own words on a couple of interviews) but it looks he got over it. Most likely he’ll continue at Ford, until the day Mr. Toyoda finally decides to cover him with yens…
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I don't see why he would quit. He's not that old, he's still the best and he can make millions be doing what he likes.

12. Likes: A FONDO (30th May 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

so if he beats the retired Loeb 3 times,he is better and has prooved it.
    3 wins against a retired champion= equals 4 championships(some against Ogier lololol)

question now
    When Loeb beat him at same car/team 20 times, how many Ogiers championships equals that?

14. Likes: AL14 (31st May 2018),EightGear (30th May 2018),FAlonso (30th May 2018),juhoman (1st June 2018),Mirek (30th May 2018),N.O.T (31st May 2018),pantealex (31st May 2018),steve.mandzij (30th May 2018)