Page 36 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 1,250 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    This.

I bet Citroen PR wish people would stop referring to these drivers as being 'dropped'. But fundamentally that is what has happened.
    Call it rotation.....like when WRC events were dropped for a year...

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: Simmi (1st July 2017)
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Call it rotation.....like when WRC events were dropped for a year...
    like Rally NZ ??
    the artist formally known as "smokin'joe"

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    I'm still baffled at the fact that Andreas's car is posting times just as fast as Breen and Leferve. I would assume he would be faster with the updated components. Might be conditions, but either way it looks bad for Citroen. Still enough rallies to prove a point, but doesn't seem likely

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    I'm still baffled at the fact that Andreas's car is posting times just as fast as Breen and Leferve. I would assume he would be faster with the updated components. Might be conditions, but either way it looks bad for Citroen. Still enough rallies to prove a point, but doesn't seem likely
    It's embarrassing for them

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    It's embarrassing for them
    And for Mikkelsen, given his interviews before the rally.

7. Likes: er88 (2nd July 2017)
    Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    I just hope they will take a lot of this (bad) experience and learn from it ASAP, so in 2018 we have 4 Manu. which are actually capable of winning the title.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

9. Likes: mknight (1st July 2017),satnav (1st July 2017)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    As I wrote elsewhere:
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/leg/364...nd-2017/?leg=2

Lefebre 2.7s faster than Mikkelsen for Saturday, Breen 20s down.

Mikkelsen was off the road in field twice today, prbly some 10s lost in that combined. Road position certainly matters for Breen, maybe a bit for Mikkelsen. (Breen 1st on road, Mikkelsen 2nd, Lefebvre 5th)

As I also wrote that I think today they did ok all 3. Beat all "2nd level" drivers including Sordo. But clearly far behind the top 5.
    Even more importantly basically all 3 had consistent speed whole day, not like before when one stage is epic and next is hopeless. So there are signs of improvement, question is if they are too little too late.

Yesterday in the wet during the afternoon Mikkelsen was far faster than the other two, and that's the kind of conditions where the less twitchy handling should help, maybe not so much difference on the not-so twisty dry roads today. Also Lefevbre won a stage here last year and did 1-2 other good times, in a way it was his best rally of the season.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Best rally for Leferve and a few decent stages by Mikkelsen, but still off the pace for the whole gang. Finland will be interesting with Meeke. Does he go all out or try bring it home safe with a top five finish. His past stats would suggest otherwise. At this point as long as he's ahead of the rest of the Citroen squad he's in a good situation. What would you guys do if you were in Meekes shoes??

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    As I wrote elsewhere:
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/leg/364...nd-2017/?leg=2

Lefebre 2.7s faster than Mikkelsen for Saturday, Breen 20s down.

Mikkelsen was off the road in field twice today, prbly some 10s lost in that combined. Road position certainly matters for Breen, maybe a bit for Mikkelsen. (Breen 1st on road, Mikkelsen 2nd, Lefebvre 5th)

As I also wrote that I think today they did ok all 3. Beat all "2nd level" drivers including Sordo. But clearly far behind the top 5.
    Even more importantly basically all 3 had consistent speed whole day, not like before when one stage is epic and next is hopeless. So there are signs of improvement, question is if they are too little too late.

Yesterday in the wet during the afternoon Mikkelsen was far faster than the other two, and that's the kind of conditions where the less twitchy handling should help, maybe not so much difference on the not-so twisty dry roads today. Also Lefevbre won a stage here last year and did 1-2 other good times, in a way it was his best rally of the season.
    Lol come on now, are you actually sugar coating this slugfest for 10th place? This is one of the best drivers in the world? It's an embarrassment. Let's face facts.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Lol come on now, are you actually sugar coating this slugfest for 10th place? This is one of the best drivers in the world? It's an embarrassment. Let's face facts.
    Maybe you didn't manage to read what I wrote. I will highlight it for you.

I think today they did ok all 3. Beat all "2nd level" drivers including Sordo. But clearly far behind the top 5.
    ... there are signs of improvement, question is if they are too little too late.

(extra emphasis on today - Saturday)

The fact that they are "fighting" for 6-7 place (for Lefevbre) and 9-10 for Mikkelsen has all to do with Friday.
    Last edited by mknight; 2nd July 2017 at 06:25.