Page 151 of 227 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Meeke developed-tested it...

Just out of curiosity, how was Loeb able to win stages and lead with it in Mexico? First time on those stages, first time with new tires, first competitive start in a new generation WRC a long time after his last start in the series, with a co-driver most definitely enjoying his cuisine .
    Last edited by Tarmop; 8th June 2018 at 22:17.

2. Likes: cali (10th June 2018),pantealex (9th June 2018)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Meeke developed-tested it...

Just out of curiosity, how was Loeb able to win stages and lead with it in Mexico? First time on those stages, first time with new tires, first competitive start in a new generation WRC a long time after his last start in the series, with a co-driver most definitely enjoying his cuisine .
    Lets be clear.
    Loeb had 50% crash rate on his return.
    That in itself shows what you have to do to get times from the car.
    He had one goal. to win the rally. nothing else.
    He most likely had every conceivable upgrade to the car.
    He is the best ever driver to grace a rallycar.
    So yes, in certain areas it can be quick, but sporadically

When Lappi and Toyota got into their stride, they cleaned the floor with Loeb and Citroen. Could you ever have thought that?

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Don`t remember crashing in Mexico, only a puncture.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Don`t remember crashing in Mexico, only a puncture.
    Crash in Corsica, no crash in Mexico = 50% crash rate?

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danon View Post
    Does it hurt?
    It might possibly hurt their sales. Citroen need to build desirable cars, they don't necessarily need to win championships. Ford have not exactly won loads of championships in the last 30 years but have still shifted a lot of cars, partly through the connection between rallying and the RS brand.

On this rally forum, how many of us drive a Citroen? If any, did you buy one on the back of wrc success?
    I think firing Meeke, in the way they have, is only going to hurt sales and brand image, I've only seen tweets from people saying they were thinking of buying a Citroen (usually a van cos their cars aren't desirable) but won't touch one now, not a sudden influx of people wanting to buy one now they've fired Kris.

That said, they would need to sell a few to cover the crash damage cost!

7. Likes: AndyRAC (9th June 2018),KKS (9th June 2018)
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    It might possibly hurt their sales. Citroen need to build desirable cars, they don't necessarily need to win championships. Ford have not exactly won loads of championships in the last 30 years but have still shifted a lot of cars, partly through the connection between rallying and the RS brand.

On this rally forum, how many of us drive a Citroen? If any, did you buy one on the back of wrc success?
    I think firing Meeke, in the way they have, is only going to hurt sales and brand image, I've only seen tweets from people saying they were thinking of buying a Citroen (usually a van cos their cars aren't desirable) but won't touch one now, not a sudden influx of people wanting to buy one now they've fired Kris.

That said, they would need to sell a few to cover the crash damage cost!
    it's kind of special french logic, if you not good - make a decision to make it worse.

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Citroen don't really build desirable cars - certainly not performance variants; they haven't taken advantage of their previous WRC success. A 'C4 by Loeb' and a DS3 Racing are really the only 2 half decent cars they've had. Pretty pathetic.
    And their rivals all have performance cars, and all rated highly by the journalists.....so they're even losing there.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Citroen don't really build desirable cars - certainly not performance variants; they haven't taken advantage of their previous WRC success. A 'C4 by Loeb' and a DS3 Racing are really the only 2 half decent cars they've had. Pretty pathetic.
    And their rivals all have performance cars, and all rated highly by the journalists.....so they're even losing there.
    Indeed. Rally Power mentioned we should stop bashing Citroen. Is now not the time they need bashing with a really big, heavy stick. You are quite right, the last car they built that had any desirability is the DS3. The last car that had any true competitiveness.
    Do they use that car, and build on its base for the new wrc era cars, or build a completely new and unproven car to try and promote a bland eurobox. All other Manus just built on the base of the previous generation cars, which were a more stable base.
    This year they start with a fixed budget, they know they have an unpredictable car that likes to bounce itself of the road or go into snap oversteer suddenly, so do they keep a contingency for inevitable crash repair costs or do they blow half the budget on hiring Loeb to do a few rallies.

Going back to the desirability of the brand, Citroen used to make highly innovative cars, traction Avant, 2cv, ds and cx etc, but now they are just like any other euro box.
    I was considering a DS3 even for my youngest son's 1st car, now not so sure.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see Citroen pull out of wrc, but the decisions made by them have not been the most logical ones.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    PSA only sold 3.6 million vehicles last year. Purchased Opel/ Vauxhall in 2017.

https://media.groupe-psa.com/en/stro...orldwide-sales

One might expect a sales dip in Dungannon.

Surely if your roads are salted in winter you would get your son a galvanised Audi or something similar.
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 9th June 2018 at 10:28.

Not really a fan of Audi's, other than old 5 cylinder quattro.
    Around here they are predominantly driven by arseholes that sit right on your bumper. In any case, I don't expect the life expectancy of my son's first car to outlive any need for long lasting rust protection!