Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 6,521 Times in 3,070 Posts
    just forreference all road evos have distribution at 50-50

2. Likes: NickRally (3rd July 2017)
    Liked 234 Times in 130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    The testing venues were of particular issue pre-season.

Also why can you not admit also that the fundamental or the car are wrong, u always blame the driver at every opperunity?

Its clearer now the engineering team choose the test venues which suited the car, and gave false hope.

It's not clearer to me at all, any test venue that runs over a day or more will prbly suit the car after you change the setup enough.
    The two options I listed is the two possible meanings of Matton's statement, not my opinion.

I personally don't blame drivers only for how the C3 started. I do blame Meeke for Argentina 2nd off-Portugal-Sardinia if that's what you are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You completely missed Matton's point, that I am trying to emphasize with examples.

The car is fast when the setup is perfect for the conditions, something that is easy to do for test or a stable conditions/road rally = Corsica.

Whole day at monte is not stable conditions with some ice bits here and there => bad performance. Testing for Monte is stable conditions (same road, memorized by drivers), even with some minor weather changes => good looking test and feedback.

The problem clearly was at that point, the "sensitivity" of the car itself was not revealed by the tests. (without speculating who's fault that is, you can blame anyone depending on your angle, designers for design choices, drivers for feedback, people setting up the tests... team management for not getting other test drivers etc etc.)
    I was talking about that you wrote.

b) The value of repeated runs of short test sections where drivers know every stone is limited - This would also explain why some people were so sure Citroen would decimate all after looking at their test vids in December.
    Again one more time.
    People watching ultra fast passes at dry tarmac and impressed,and exactly the same we saw at Corsica. Ultra fast car at dry stages.Cant say it more clear.
    Repeated short stage tests doing all teams,not Citroen only.
    Problem is not there.
    Last edited by dimviii; 3rd July 2017 at 22:38.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Again one more time.
    People watching ultra fast passes at dry tarmac and impressed,and exactly the same we saw at Corsica. Ultra fast car at dry stages.Cant say it more clear.
    Repeated short stage tests doing all teams,not Citroen only.
    Problem is not there.
    I give up.
    Tests didn't reveal how sensitive the car was to perfect setup (Matton's claim based on driver feedback to tests) that IS a problem.

Liked 55 Times in 26 Posts
    Well in your opinion you now must agree the fundamental car design, tech team, and test venue hold a fair majority of the blame.

On Meeke 2nd crash at Argentina,
    In a previous post, it told you to look at in car video wrc+. At 200kmh the front of the car was wandering from side to side, and he effectively understeer off the road. My opinion, that the rear wing was fitted incorrectly after the first crash, giving way too much downforce on the rear. It totally evident from the video if you care to look.
    It's not clearer to me at all, any test venue that runs over a day or more will prbly suit the car after you change the setup enough.
    The two options I listed is the two possible meanings of Matton's statement, not my opinion.

I personally don't blame drivers only for how the C3 started. I do blame Meeke for Argentina 2nd off-Portugal-Sardinia if that's what you are asking.

7. Likes: steve.mandzij (3rd July 2017)
    I give up.
    Tests didn't reveal how sensitive the car was to perfect setup (Matton's claim based on driver feedback to tests) that IS a problem.
    I answer to your post, that you are reffering at the short repeated tests,and that some people had misjudjed that c3 was fast at dry asphalt.
    Not what Matton says.My quote was very clear.

But if the test venue were not representative of rally? Whos fault is that?
    I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    But if the test venue were not representative of rally? Whos fault is that?
    That's going to the speculation part I mentioned
    "you can blame anyone depending on your angle, designers for design choices, drivers for feedback, people setting up the tests... team management for not getting other test drivers etc etc."

I can tell you now... the driver doesnt pick the test road. So speculation over.
    That's going to the speculation part I mentioned
    "you can blame anyone depending on your angle, designers for design choices, drivers for feedback, people setting up the tests... team management for not getting other test drivers etc etc."

Liked 226 Times in 138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    So Christophe Besse appointed as Citroen Racingís new Technical Director ... is this significant ?
    What has he done before this job?
    Rallye-info.com