Page 44 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Well in your opinion you now must agree the fundamental car design, tech team, and test venue hold a fair majority of the blame.

On Meeke 2nd crash at Argentina,
    In a previous post, it told you to look at in car video wrc+. At 200kmh the front of the car was wandering from side to side, and he effectively understeer off the road. My opinion, that the rear wing was fitted incorrectly after the first crash, giving way too much downforce on the rear. It totally evident from the video if you care to look.
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It's not clearer to me at all, any test venue that runs over a day or more will prbly suit the car after you change the setup enough.
    The two options I listed is the two possible meanings of Matton's statement, not my opinion.

I personally don't blame drivers only for how the C3 started. I do blame Meeke for Argentina 2nd off-Portugal-Sardinia if that's what you are asking.

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (4th July 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    I give up.
    Tests didn't reveal how sensitive the car was to perfect setup (Matton's claim based on driver feedback to tests) that IS a problem.
    I answer to your post, that you are reffering at the short repeated tests,and that some people had misjudjed that c3 was fast at dry asphalt.
    Not what Matton says.My quote was very clear.

But if the test venue were not representative of rally? Whos fault is that?
    I give up.
    Tests didn't reveal how sensitive the car was to perfect setup (Matton's claim based on driver feedback to tests) that IS a problem.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    But if the test venue were not representative of rally? Whos fault is that?
    That's going to the speculation part I mentioned
    "you can blame anyone depending on your angle, designers for design choices, drivers for feedback, people setting up the tests... team management for not getting other test drivers etc etc."

I can tell you now... the driver doesnt pick the test road. So speculation over.
    That's going to the speculation part I mentioned
    "you can blame anyone depending on your angle, designers for design choices, drivers for feedback, people setting up the tests... team management for not getting other test drivers etc etc."

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    So Christophe Besse appointed as Citroen Racing’s new Technical Director ... is this significant ?
    What has he done before this job?

http://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actualit...en-186925.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    What has he done before this job?

Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    On Meeke 2nd crash at Argentina,
    In a previous post, it told you to look at in car video wrc+. At 200kmh the front of the car was wandering from side to side, and he effectively understeer off the road. My opinion, that the rear wing was fitted incorrectly after the first crash, giving way too much downforce on the rear. It totally evident from the video if you care to look.
    It was a same as in Sardegna or Sweden - rear went wide and clip a bank. Speed was big and that small touch start roll-over.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Sorry to continue off topic... but could someone please explain in a technical way to my dumb brain how torque split can be anything other than 50/50 over a differential unless said differential is toque vectoring (like evo rear diff or various lexus diffs etc etc). Provided all wheels have the same amount of grip and there is no differential speed, the amount of force sent on both the pinion gears should be exactly equal.

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    An interesting read on a torque split prototype transmission and diff:https://rallygroupbshrine.org/group-...p-s-prototype/