Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 173 Times in 94 Posts
    https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...mexico-981154/ don't know if it was already posted here...

Liked 601 Times in 372 Posts
    Cross dates WRX and WRC is
    1. Argentina
    2. Italy
    3. Turkey

and probably Australia due to jet lag. So other rally will be probably with Loeb. Mexico, Corsica, Portugal, Finland, Germany, GB, Spain - quite nice rallys for Loeb

Liked 2,754 Times in 1,232 Posts
    That is great news. I really want to see him race.
    Tänak: "Better than I expected. Lots of sideways - and we enjoy that."

Liked 1,258 Times in 603 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Cross dates WRX and WRC is
    1. Argentina
    2. Italy
    3. Turkey

and probably Australia due to jet lag. So other rally will be probably with Loeb. Mexico, Corsica, Portugal, Finland, Germany, GB, Spain - quite nice rallys for Loeb
    Loeb has said dozens of times he only wants to do 2 or 3 WRC events next year. He’s now focused in winning the Dakar and then he wants to beat VW at the WRX. He’ll be pretty busy preparing the new 208 in the new structure Peugeot will probably have in rallycross.

Anyway, and like many of you have been mentioning for a long time, what makes everybody worried about Citroen’s future it’s Citroen top management choices. They weren’t able to get Ogier and they’ve let Mikkelsen go. Can we hope for a plan C?

Besides the usual 4 or 5 events Al Qassimi usually 'must' do, and the 2 or 3 Loeb can enter, there’s still room to get an experience driver in the third C3 for the remaining rally’s, helping to secure points and developing the C3. Haninnen or even Ostberg would be practical choices, as they’re available and not expensive.

If instead Citroen chiefs decide to keep Lefebvre in the third car, that would be a revealing sign of how much they’re unable to recover the team. Soon we'll know; meanwhile, fingers crossed!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 49 Times in 34 Posts
    No that he want, he only can. Guys here think that rally is only 3 or 4 days, what about preparation (test days, recces, travels, fitness and so and so...). He must do the job at Peugeot for World RX and is his priority now. And if some events don't clash, what do you think he will be free like butterfly to do 9 events?? And he is older now, world rally events are tough, hard and he will not have energy for full season in World RX and almost full in WRC... No one can do that (if he will do than hats off)...

Liked 1,075 Times in 516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Besides the usual 4 or 5 events Al Qassimi usually 'must' do, and the 2 or 3 Loeb can enter, there’s still room to get an experience driver in the third C3 for the remaining rally’s, helping to secure points and developing the C3.
    Rumors are it's a two car team for 2018 with third car run by PH-Sport. Meeke a full season, Breen/Loeb/Al-Qassimi in the other car?

Liked 1,573 Times in 691 Posts
    Really got my fingers crossed for Corsica. Although I just wonder whether it being the weekend before WRX Rd1 means he might steer clear.

Like ESTR said though, just because a WRC round doesn't clash doesn't mean he'll automatically do it.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

Liked 1,075 Times in 516 Posts
    Does someone still believe Loeb would do more than a couple of rallies? KKS just listed the possible events.

Liked 1,258 Times in 603 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Rumors are it's a two car team for 2018 with third car run by PH-Sport. Meeke a full season, Breen/Loeb/Al-Qassimi in the other car?
    Hard to believe in that rumour once Abu Dhabi/Red Bull clash won’t happen after all. Most likely the team will continue to run 3 cars; Meeke in the first, Breen in the second and Al Qassimi sharing the third with Loeb (probably for no more than 7 events).

So, will Citroen trust the 3rd C3 car to useless Lefebvre on the remaining events or will they get reasonable and call Hanninen to do it? Hanninen would be a great choice: his form has risen hugely during the season and he’s used to development work. If not Hanninen, then Ostberg; he would still be a better option than Lefebvre.
    Rally addict since 1982

10. Likes: WRC1 (21st November 2017)
    Liked 400 Times in 232 Posts
    I think that there are still 'issues' at Citroen; I certainly won't be putting my money anywhere near them.....
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???