Page 137 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    They also told Breen and Lefebvre to take more risks at the end of last season.
    This was before Australia. Ended up with all 3 crashing.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    It was nice David Evans made the effort and gave us what Budar had to say, but this fanboy-like ending was somewhat unnecessary.
    Despite that final remark, the piece is probably more objective than anything Evans has previously wrote on Meeke; considering the moment, he deserves to be praised for that.

Nothing much to say on Budar words; the guy is mostly right and for sure it wasn’t easy for him to take this decision.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 25th May 2018 at 15:36.
    Rally addict since 1982

3. Likes: Allez Andruet (25th May 2018),AnttiL (25th May 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    the main reason shitroen are getting all this is because of the timing not because of the decision, Meeke always was like that since his c2 days, they thought he was going to change his approach in his mid 30s ? When you have a driver like that you either wait to let him go at the end of the season or you do not start with him in the first place.

Another thing is the way that the announcement was made, they totally blamed everything on him like he was some dog full of fleas that they had to put down... you do not treat your driver that handed your ONLY wins with that crap car like that...

good riddance tot hat sorry excuse of a team at the end of the season.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (25th May 2018),er88 (25th May 2018),Marcco (28th May 2018),Rallyper (26th May 2018),the sniper (25th May 2018),ToughMac (25th May 2018)
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Matton have done a really stupid thing to bring meeke in.

When we look back several years there are no place for meeke anymore and meeke never change his approach but crash or win.

Citroen have done stupid thing since 2012 when they kick off Ogier to remain Seb.

Dump meeke is the same thing happened for Seb in his last WTCC season but why British fan boy can not complain more in that time?

7. Likes: A FONDO (27th May 2018)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaitan View Post
    Dump meeke is the same thing happened for Seb in his last WTCC season but why British fan boy can not complain more in that time?
    Are you kidding? Who gave a damn about the WTCC at that time? Not even touring car fans cared much about the going on's in the WTCC by then, let alone British rally fans...

9. Likes: AndyRAC (25th May 2018)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    In both cases, Meeke and the touring car Loeb episode, just shows the psa group to be as inconsistent as the handling of the c3.
    Yes, I'm a Brit and yes I'm a meeke fan. To be honest, I thought his days in shitroen were probably numbered at the end of the season, unless he had a run of good results.

He has had more than his share of bad luck, usually when fighting for the win or podium position. I think frustration has always got the better of him, which is why we see the crashes in the lower positions on the leaderboard.
    Given the way the team has been run, I think any driver in his position would feel added pressure, only running two cars on certain events, possibility of being dropped willy nilly, results led decision on remaining in the championship next year etc.

As for Kris being top three fastest drivers, I believe given the right tools it's certainly a possibility. 2016 was probably the only year where he had no pressure, in a car that development had stopped, was really the only serious challenger to Ogier, winning rallies and taken out of a couple while fighting for the lead, by some unfortunately placed rocks on the racing line.

I would like to see him in a fiesta, probably a better bet than Elfyn. Unfortunately age is against him so this will not become a reality I doubt.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    In both cases, Meeke and the touring car Loeb episode, just shows the psa group to be as inconsistent as the handling of the c3.
    Yes, I'm a Brit and yes I'm a meeke fan. To be honest, I thought his days in shitroen were probably numbered at the end of the season, unless he had a run of good results.

He has had more than his share of bad luck, usually when fighting for the win or podium position. I think frustration has always got the better of him, which is why we see the crashes in the lower positions on the leaderboard.
    Given the way the team has been run, I think any driver in his position would feel added pressure, only running two cars on certain events, possibility of being dropped willy nilly, results led decision on remaining in the championship next year etc.

As for Kris being top three fastest drivers, I believe given the right tools it's certainly a possibility. 2016 was probably the only year where he had no pressure, in a car that development had stopped, was really the only serious challenger to Ogier, winning rallies and taken out of a couple while fighting for the lead, by some unfortunately placed rocks on the racing line.

I would like to see him in a fiesta, probably a better bet than Elfyn. Unfortunately age is against him so this will not become a reality I doubt.
    I think this is true, he can produce fast stage times and when the pressure was off him in 2016 he looked better than ever. But that also shows that when the pressure is on he falters. When you're contracted for a full season there's always at least a slight amount of pressure that you need to deliver for the sake of a championship, be it manu or drivers. Meeke himself said before Monte that everyone wants to win the championship, to do that as a driver you have to cope.

Sure the C3 is not state of the art, but that doesn't excuse him to bin it in the side of the road whenever it's not working as good as the other cars. He's a very brave man to push those limits, which is admirable, but he's also not very measured in his approach which hinders his potential success. By judging his history that won't change.

12. Likes: EstWRC (25th May 2018),TWRC (26th May 2018)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    I'd say Meeke is in the top 4 in terms of being the fastest driver. Can you really argue?!

Ogier, Neuville, Tanak and Meeke.

Mikkelsen is proving in Hyundai what we already knew from years at VW, he's not top level in terms of raw pace. Jari has regressed and Lappi isn't there yet - give it time though.

Regardless, fastest driver doesn't mean best overall. That's always been Meeke's problem

14. Likes: BigWorm (25th May 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (25th May 2018)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Very good point Bigworm, and difficult to argue against that. Just thought that if he went to Msport, provided Ogier was still there, being a number two driver may mean less pressure, and a car that maybe doesn't need overdriving so much.

Let's not kid ourselves that the c3 is completely fixed. Loeb went well in it but still binned it, and Breen got 2nd in Sweden, with favourable road position, by admitted to chucking it into corners, not knowing if it would stick, and being surprised that it did.

16. Likes: er88 (25th May 2018)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    I'd say Meeke is in the top 4 in terms of being the fastest driver. Can you really argue?!

Ogier, Neuville, Tanak and Meeke.

Mikkelsen is proving in Hyundai what we already knew from years at VW, he's not top level in terms of raw pace. Jari has regressed and Lappi isn't there yet - give it time though.

Regardless, fastest driver doesn't mean best overall. That's always been Meeke's problem
    And that's a really nice prospect, 4 different drivers competing for the title in 4 different cars. In stead it's down to 3.