Page 1 of 227 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts

Citroen WRT

Will Loeb be allowed to win in 13, or priority on championchips for main drivers?

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    If they wouldn't allow him to win, I don't think he would be competing...

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Of course he is allowed to win and I assume he will be nominated for team points when driving too. And like tommeke_B said, he wouldn't be driving at all if not allowed to win.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    More to the point will they have the cojones to tell Loeb to hold position against Mikko or Dani if either of them are leading by a small margin going into the last stage - and would he listen anyway?

Just for French fans - the car or the driver? If Ogier is fighting for the win with Mikko....
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    Personally I don't care, I'm not of fan of Ogier and not of CItroen too. But I prefer Dani and Mikko as Ogier, so Citroen ... and most of all, Mads !

But in France, for sure interest of media in WRC will only exist if Ogier wins.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Will be very interesting to see if Loeb will taste his own medicine of supporting the number 1 driver ?!
    But his status whitin the team means that he probably will be allowed to do as he wants, and the other championship is the most important for PSA Sport.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Loeb will be number 1 no matter what happens on the rallies he does. I am still not 100% sure they will not enter Loeb on another 4 rallies so he could win the title.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    I am still not 100% sure they will not enter Loeb on another 4 rallies so he could win the title.
    Loeb would need a lot of results to go his way if he was to be World Champion on the back of just four events. For one, he'd need to win all four of them. And then he'd probably need everyone to have some serious problems at some point or other throughout the season.

No, I think the more interesting question is what Citroen will do with him if Mikko Hirvonen is embroiled in a tight championship fight come the Rally of France. It would be his home event and his last rally (for the foreseeable future; he might do half-seasons again in 2014 and beyond) at the WRC level, and a win there would be very popular - but forcing Hirvonen to play second fiddle to him could cost Hirvonen the title.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    True. I think he may do 8 rallies this season if Mikko doesn't dominate from Sweden (just my little guess). I just want to enjoy this season as I feel we are going to see what the drivers are really like without Leob being there all the time.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't know ... I think Citroen will be eager to prove that they can win without Loeb, even if they don't say it outright.

Perhaps, if it comes down to it, they will tell Loeb that if he wins in France, then he wins in France. They won't attempt to stop him for the sake of Hirvonen's title bid, but nor will they give orders to Hirvonen.