Page 114 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1539

Thread: Citroen WRT

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,176 Times in 2,232 Posts
    Mads twitter:
    "Seems like Rally Sweden preparations are everywhere! It will be snowy conditions at Citroen Racing shakedown today."

"I will have 1 full day of proper testing with the team before Sweden this weekend'
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 6th February 2018 at 11:26.

2. Likes: A FONDO (6th February 2018),er88 (6th February 2018),TWRC (7th February 2018)
    Liked 1,792 Times in 837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Mads twitter:
    "Seems like Rally Sweden preparations are everywhere! It will be snowy conditions at Citroen Racing shakedown today."

"I will have 1 full day of proper testing with the team before Sweden this weekend'
    Will be one day of testing enough for Mads to learn the car to be fast on rally?

Liked 601 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Will be one day of testing enough for Mads to learn the car to be fast on rally?
    Meeke and Breen only getting 1 and a half days is probably not enough for them either, judging by the difficulties they had last year. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have a Citroen in the top 6/7 here.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. Likes: nafpaktos (8th February 2018)
    Liked 601 Times in 290 Posts
    Besse told*Motorsport News: “We improved the gravel car, so we should have a car that’s better on snow. But [this week] we need to find the good set-up for this car which is completely different from last year’s car on snow.”

Asked if he was confident four days testing would be enough to dial the C3 WRC in, Besse replied: “I’m sure it will not be enough, but it’s always a compromise if you put every thought on one rally it’s not a good thing.

“We have to be reasonable, it’s one rally on this surface, so we give four days and then we work more on gravel. But we hope we will be able to do our best in these four days, we need to be efficient and do a better job than last year.”

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...eden-wrc-test/

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. Likes: TWRC (8th February 2018)
    Liked 1,792 Times in 837 Posts
    Little Big Racing by Citroën - Rally Sweden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxP9as9yqtA

Liked 1,513 Times in 717 Posts
    Wasn’t able to follow Sweden properly, but Breen looked strong all event long and Ostberg also performed decently; quite an improvement from last year rally. It feels Citroen tech staff is managing to improve the car and probably we cannot longer say the C3 is a crap. With the jokers they’re expecting to use since Mexico (or Argentina?) things are starting to look promising in the French squad; good news for them and great for the WRC!
    Last edited by Rally Power; 19th February 2018 at 14:50.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Big cheeks Matton left the team and the car is immediately up to speed

11. Likes: WRC1 (19th February 2018)
    Liked 44 Times in 25 Posts
    I got the impression the drivers were almost as surprised as us that the car performed as it did in Sweden. Breen in particular kept referencing that it's 'sticking', which I took to mean the rear of the car.

Liked 389 Times in 213 Posts
    Rumors say that Breen and Østberg started Sweden using the completely changed set-up that came after Mads struggled during his testday. He tweeked on almost everything, and ended up with a very different set-up than where he started.

Meeke tried it, but felt it did not suite his liking, so he went back to his way of setting up the car.

Shows that many drivers need to test a car, for the constructing team gets many inputs, to make a car that is adjustable for many styles of fast driving.

Citroen has tradition of using their number 1 driver as head tester. That was ok with the two Sebs. Not sure about car behaviour preferences on loose and hard surfaces of the 3, but I guess someone here has insight to share?
    www.parcferme.no

14. Likes: A FONDO (19th February 2018),Eli (21st February 2018),pantealex (20th February 2018),peter_85 (19th February 2018),seb_sh (19th February 2018),TWRC (20th February 2018)
    Liked 59 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Rumors say that Breen and Østberg started Sweden using the completely changed set-up that came after Mads struggled during his testday. He tweeked on almost everything, and ended up with a very different set-up than where he started.

Meeke tried it, but felt it did not suite his liking, so he went back to his way of setting up the car.

Shows that many drivers need to test a car, for the constructing team gets many inputs, to make a car that is adjustable for many styles of fast driving.

Citroen has tradition of using their number 1 driver as head tester. That was ok with the two Sebs. Not sure about car behaviour preferences on loose and hard surfaces of the 3, but I guess someone here has insight to share?
    Could be that a totally different take on the set-up has made such a positive difference, but Meeke has always been held in very high regard as far as car set-up and development goes.
    That's not to say he always gets it right though.
    I wonder if it's possible that new components on the car have allowed the operating window to be shifted, thus allowing for a set-up that was not possible before? (diff components/ software / suspension geometry parameters)...

16. Likes: Sulland (19th February 2018)