Page 114 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1539

Thread: Citroen WRT

  1. #1131
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,202
    Like
    1,850
    Liked 4,176 Times in 2,232 Posts
    Mads twitter:
    "Seems like Rally Sweden preparations are everywhere! It will be snowy conditions at Citroen Racing shakedown today."

    "I will have 1 full day of proper testing with the team before Sweden this weekend'
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 6th February 2018 at 11:26.

  2. Likes: A FONDO (6th February 2018),er88 (6th February 2018),TWRC (7th February 2018)
  3. #1132
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    6,758
    Like
    171
    Liked 1,792 Times in 837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Mads twitter:
    "Seems like Rally Sweden preparations are everywhere! It will be snowy conditions at Citroen Racing shakedown today."

    "I will have 1 full day of proper testing with the team before Sweden this weekend'
    Will be one day of testing enough for Mads to learn the car to be fast on rally?

  4. #1133
    Senior Member er88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,060
    Like
    920
    Liked 601 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Will be one day of testing enough for Mads to learn the car to be fast on rally?
    Meeke and Breen only getting 1 and a half days is probably not enough for them either, judging by the difficulties they had last year. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have a Citroen in the top 6/7 here.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  5. Likes: nafpaktos (8th February 2018)
  6. #1134
    Senior Member er88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,060
    Like
    920
    Liked 601 Times in 290 Posts
    Besse told*Motorsport News: “We improved the gravel car, so we should have a car that’s better on snow. But [this week] we need to find the good set-up for this car which is completely different from last year’s car on snow.”

    Asked if he was confident four days testing would be enough to dial the C3 WRC in, Besse replied: “I’m sure it will not be enough, but it’s always a compromise if you put every thought on one rally it’s not a good thing.

    “We have to be reasonable, it’s one rally on this surface, so we give four days and then we work more on gravel. But we hope we will be able to do our best in these four days, we need to be efficient and do a better job than last year.”

    https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...eden-wrc-test/

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  7. Likes: TWRC (8th February 2018)
  8. #1135
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    6,758
    Like
    171
    Liked 1,792 Times in 837 Posts
    Little Big Racing by Citroën - Rally Sweden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxP9as9yqtA

  9. #1136
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,883
    Like
    2,144
    Liked 1,513 Times in 717 Posts
    Wasn’t able to follow Sweden properly, but Breen looked strong all event long and Ostberg also performed decently; quite an improvement from last year rally. It feels Citroen tech staff is managing to improve the car and probably we cannot longer say the C3 is a crap. With the jokers they’re expecting to use since Mexico (or Argentina?) things are starting to look promising in the French squad; good news for them and great for the WRC!
    Last edited by Rally Power; 19th February 2018 at 14:50.
    Rally addict since 1982

  10. #1137
    Senior Member A FONDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,271
    Like
    3,032
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Big cheeks Matton left the team and the car is immediately up to speed

  11. Likes: WRC1 (19th February 2018)
  12. #1138
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    55
    Like
    3
    Liked 44 Times in 25 Posts
    I got the impression the drivers were almost as surprised as us that the car performed as it did in Sweden. Breen in particular kept referencing that it's 'sticking', which I took to mean the rear of the car.

  13. #1139
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    4,593
    Like
    408
    Liked 389 Times in 213 Posts
    Rumors say that Breen and Østberg started Sweden using the completely changed set-up that came after Mads struggled during his testday. He tweeked on almost everything, and ended up with a very different set-up than where he started.

    Meeke tried it, but felt it did not suite his liking, so he went back to his way of setting up the car.

    Shows that many drivers need to test a car, for the constructing team gets many inputs, to make a car that is adjustable for many styles of fast driving.

    Citroen has tradition of using their number 1 driver as head tester. That was ok with the two Sebs. Not sure about car behaviour preferences on loose and hard surfaces of the 3, but I guess someone here has insight to share?
    www.parcferme.no

  14. Likes: A FONDO (19th February 2018),Eli (21st February 2018),pantealex (20th February 2018),peter_85 (19th February 2018),seb_sh (19th February 2018),TWRC (20th February 2018)
  15. #1140
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    97
    Like
    6
    Liked 59 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Rumors say that Breen and Østberg started Sweden using the completely changed set-up that came after Mads struggled during his testday. He tweeked on almost everything, and ended up with a very different set-up than where he started.

    Meeke tried it, but felt it did not suite his liking, so he went back to his way of setting up the car.

    Shows that many drivers need to test a car, for the constructing team gets many inputs, to make a car that is adjustable for many styles of fast driving.

    Citroen has tradition of using their number 1 driver as head tester. That was ok with the two Sebs. Not sure about car behaviour preferences on loose and hard surfaces of the 3, but I guess someone here has insight to share?
    Could be that a totally different take on the set-up has made such a positive difference, but Meeke has always been held in very high regard as far as car set-up and development goes.
    That's not to say he always gets it right though.
    I wonder if it's possible that new components on the car have allowed the operating window to be shifted, thus allowing for a set-up that was not possible before? (diff components/ software / suspension geometry parameters)...

  16. Likes: Sulland (19th February 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •