Page 138 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    perhaps meeke can go to rallycross, i think he can do really well there.

2. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (25th May 2018),cali (25th May 2018),Sulland (26th May 2018)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Fia rx instagram page actually commented to Meeke something like "Let's keep in touch" or something along those lines, maybe he can find drive there unless M-sport aint interested.

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Sadly for all the great moments of...

There were at least 5 or 6 times as many...

#M-SPORTER

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    I think this is true, he can produce fast stage times and when the pressure was off him in 2016 he looked better than ever. But that also shows that when the pressure is on he falters. When you're contracted for a full season there's always at least a slight amount of pressure that you need to deliver for the sake of a championship, be it manu or drivers. Meeke himself said before Monte that everyone wants to win the championship, to do that as a driver you have to cope.

Sure the C3 is not state of the art, but that doesn't excuse him to bin it in the side of the road whenever it's not working as good as the other cars. He's a very brave man to push those limits, which is admirable, but he's also not very measured in his approach which hinders his potential success. By judging his history that won't change.
    Don't underestimate his wins in 2016 were mainly thanks to good road position...

6. Likes: A FONDO (27th May 2018)
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    With Megane RX..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Citroen are going nowhere fast; completely inept management. Do us all a favour and pull the plug at the end of the year.

However, I'd like to know what happened their budget compared to previous WRC programmes; they seem to be run on a shoestring budget, with added AbuDhabi backing. Have the board gone cold on a WRC programme? And to be honest, I don't know what they get out of their WRC effort. Their road cars are hardly inspiring, are they?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    However, I'd like to know what happened their budget compared to previous WRC programmes; they seem to be run on a shoestring budget, with added AbuDhabi backing. Have the board gone cold on a WRC programme? And to be honest, I don't know what they get out of their WRC effort. Their road cars are hardly inspiring, are they?
    There was a comparison of testing kms before the start of 2017 season where citroen had like 50% more than Hyundai which again had much more than the next team. That must have cost quite a lot of money (even with not participating in 2016 season).

But judging by Al Quassimi comments it might be that emirates money got turned down quite a bit after their performance at the start of 2017.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Anyway in terms of Meeke's exit at Citroen I believe there is not much more/different to say from anyone.

So where do both go from here:

Citroen

I guess most agree that Breen should drive all rallies. Østberg will likely drive some, probably in (semi)-paying mode.

But who else?
    - nobody/money driver. No car is possible, money driver is imo not very likely, Østberg and maybe Al Quassimi will do that.
    - Paddon or Sordo on events they don't start. I don't really think so, maybe Hyundai won't allow them. Also Paddon has (seemingly) most of his events ahead of him. Sordo is doing well this year so he maybe has no motivation
    - some young driver to "test out", if they plan on staying next year (or at least Budar wants to try it) this is possible. But not many good candidates to pick. Skoda might not let Tidemand. Of the French guys I'd rather see Camilli again than Lefevbre.

Meeke
    I can see him in a Fiesta on 2? events. Don't remember Suninens exact program, but I don't think it says anywhere he needs to be factory nominated. So Meeke could be used by Malcolm as a joker in manu/drivers title.
    This would imo be good for all sides and for spectators and Meeke prbly needs this if he has hopes for drive in 2019.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    i can understand Citroens decision,but dont like it.
    Dont like it because Meeke is one to watch at wrc,for good and bad reasons.
    Yes he didnt manage to deliver,but he didnt helped from his team to deliver.
    I dont believe that any other driver would manage good results at c3.
    Impossible for any driver to deliver good results,when team after one year, had to call Loeb to justify the c3 problems.
    There is no such example at wrc.
    Citroen isnt the same team that won everything at last decade.
    Strange decisions,less budget,not good drivers choices.
    While Meeke is probably paid for rest of season,they preffered to fire him,than to enter him at wrc2 with c3 r5.
    They will still try with Lefebvre to beat the official skodas(lol)
    after the ''problematic'' ds3,they build a new car,and demonstrate it against the king championship winning fabia,with 1 crew against 2 crews of skoda.The starnge decisions i talked.
    Will be surprised anybody if they fail?
    This game you have to spent money to play.If you cant afford ,you just dont play.When you do it ,you have to do it right.
    You dont ridicule a glorious team with such presentation at world playing level.

Saying that,i dont mean that Meeke hasnt his share at this sideline.Some of his crashes there is no excuse when he hadnt got to push.
    Wish him all the best for the future.
    i d like to see him at a couple rallies with a prooven car.

13. Likes: er88 (26th May 2018)