Good post Rally power. I've said it before and I will say it again, Matton did not help the situation from the very start of the year by saying the goal was rally wins, not championships.
In Meeke, that have a driver who's mindset seems to be very much win it or bin it. While someone said in response to my original post stating the above, that Matton probably did not mean what he said, or at least not at the beginning of the year, it just gives the public the impression that Kris has his blessing to go flat out all the time.

I also said near the start of the season that the c3 is not quite there yet. Kris is the only driver that has shown rally winning, and consistent stage winning pace in it. He has been foolish, he has also been unlucky.
Breen has shown a good consistent pace but that is top five pace, not rally leading pace. Lefebvre has shown fuck all. Mikkelsen could only manage 8th in Italy. Yes, he hasn't driven the car much at all, but he has had plenty of seat time in a 17' spec car, and was soundly beaten by Lappi. He also said that the c3 was quite difficult to drive. It didn't seem to take much time for him to get the best out of the skoda, so something isn't right with the car, in my opinion.

Yes, I am a fan of Meekes, but you are quite right when you say he needs to change his approach.