Page 110 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Agreed, although it depends on this year's performance. But Meeke's current contract is ending after this season. Same for Breen and Lefebvre, as well as Sordo and Paddon. Meeke is also quite old, maybe it's time to retire?
    So it's Ogier, I think that Neuville too. Latvala maybe and Lappi. Only ones that I'm sure that have contracts until 2019 are Mikkelsen & Tanak.

There will be no chance for Meeke, quite sure if there is more drivers free on the market.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Last year (particularly at the start) Ogier was moaning a lot about set up issues and changes he wanted made to the car. This is just what drivers do, even when they have a good car under them like Seb did.
    Ogier didn’t properly moaned about the car, he just justified feeling unease with it by not having been involved on its early development; Neuville made some inconvenient remarks about his team some years ago, but latter he apologized and calmly accepted being 3rd driver in a couple of events; Latvala only talked about his lower status in VW after leaving and the same did Tanak regarding MSport. Most works drivers realize it’s not in their interest to be in constant public complaining mode about their car and/or team.

There’s no doubt Meeke is a fantastic driver and it’s great to have him in the WRC, but honestly I fear he doesn’t have the right profile to be a leading driver in a WRC team. I also don’t believe he’s an unfortunate victim of a disarrayed French team, like the British press has been eagerly portraying since the problems started; most likely, he also has a share of responsibility (even if small) in Citroen’s current low record.

With or without Meeke, Citroen is one of the most important manus in WRC recent history; I hope they manage to get back into a higher level ASAP and stay in the series for a long time.
    Rally addict since 1982

3. Likes: Allez Andruet (1st February 2018),AnttiL (1st February 2018),Eli (1st February 2018),Marcco (2nd February 2018),pantealex (1st February 2018),steve.mandzij (31st January 2018)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Meeke would drive for nothing, to be world rally champion, that i am sure.
    He has more desire and heart than any other WRC driver.
    He says what he thinks, and what he believes to be honest. If people don't like that, that your problem.
    If you want a politically correct rally driver, you have chosen the wrong man
    He would gladly walk off into the distance, if we wasn't competitive or able to win.
    All things being equal and fair, I think every other driver knows, Meeke is hard to beat.
    So for this, he more than deserves a car cabling of competing for WRC title. I think that's all he is asking

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    He has more desire and heart than any other WRC driver.
    How do you measure this? I think all current works drivers are quite equally motivated, perhaps save for Sordo who has said he will never be a world champion.

6. Likes: pantealex (1st February 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Nothing wrong about the way he's speaking, he's a competitive driver who wants to win so wants the best and is honest. The bosses agree with him that improvements need to be made and have said it on numerous occasions. There's no point sugar coating anything when every man and his dog can see the problems and everyone in the team will be pushing for better.

Last year (particularly at the start) Ogier was moaning a lot about set up issues and changes he wanted made to the car. This is just what drivers do, even when they have a good car under them like Seb did. They're always wanting more performance from certain areas and for development to increase.
    Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with that. Quite opposite actually. What I meant was that it's rare to see someone (say "regular WRC driver") talk in a such candid way about his own team. In this era of highly-monitored PR, it's nice that we have guys like Meeke, but I don't think these kind of statements in public are necessarily good for Kris himself.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    Meeke isnt stupid or some loose cannon... even he wouldnt speak like this if he had a long-term future. I think he's just had enough and cant be bothered playing the PR game any more.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Meeke isnt stupid or some loose cannon... even he wouldnt speak like this if he had a long-term future. I think he's just had enough and cant be bothered playing the PR game any more.
    The look on this face on one of the regroup interviews on all live on either friday or saturday said it all. The guy is a broken man. He doesn't believe in the team anymore. Maybe it is a bit premature, the PSA boss sounds like he has his back. Or Kris knows more... who knows.

10. Likes: steve.mandzij (1st February 2018)
    Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    What are Citroen doing with just (mostly) two cars this year... what can they do against the other teams with this philosophy. Weird unless its a money issue.

12. Likes: steve.mandzij (2nd February 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    What are Citroen doing with just (mostly) two cars this year... what can they do against the other teams with this philosophy. Weird unless its a money issue.
    Was it ‘weird’ to see MSport running a low budget entry after Ford pulling out in 2012? Would you prefer Mr. Wilson to have quitted WRC back then?

Despite budget restrictions, Citroen guys also didn’t quit. They’re bravely trying to recover from their worst season in many years; as rally fans we should praise their effort and hope they’ll succeed.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Was it ‘weird’ to see MSport running a low budget entry after Ford pulling out in 2012? Would you prefer Mr. Wilson to have quitted WRC back then?

Despite budget restrictions, Citroen guys also didn’t quit. They’re bravely trying to recover from their worst season in many years; as rally fans we should praise their effort and hope they’ll succeed.
    M-Sport was a private team and a much different situation. Anyway I think he is talking about who decided to use such a limited budget for a factory team. Everybody is happy they are there but it's ridiculous they're trying to save money everywhere while other are making proper investments for a WRC manufacturer.