Page 91 of 227 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    a while ago there was quit credible rumors about Citroen having in 2018 only two works cars and one customer car run by PH Sport.
    I'm going further with this...would it mean that Meeke drives a full season, Breen has to alternate with Loeb and Qassimi in the 2nd car while someone else drives the customer car?

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Its quite puzzling to see that even now they aren't trying to get Tiedemand or Suninen, which are both cheap and talented. Matton should be shown the door.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Tidemand and Suninen bring nothing better than Breen. What they badly need now is not another inexperienced drivers.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Maybe, but those guys are there only chance to see some better results. All their current drivers have hit their ceiling.

5. Likes: AnttiL (15th November 2017),Rallyper (15th November 2017)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Matton gambled too much on Seb and turned his nose up (twice!!) on Andreas, who is a very good driver. In fact anyone in the wrc would be better than Lefebrve right now, but because he's French he stays? Citroen would be better off trying to offer Hyundai a good solution to take Sordo back or get Paddon, or they should go for Tidemand. All three would be better for the team as 3rd driver alongside Meeke and Breen.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Do you really think Mikkelsen wanted to stay in Citroen when he had the chance to go to Huyndai...? I don't think so
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

7. Likes: AnttiL (15th November 2017),pantealex (16th November 2017)
    Liked 109 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    a while ago there was quit credible rumors about Citroen having in 2018 only two works cars and one customer car run by PH Sport.
    Yeah, I remember that.... don’t know why I think what I do, but just get the feeling they haven’t made enough noise about 2018 to indicate they are staying. PSA as a group may be sat upon a potential emissions scandal and this will cause a withdrawal.
    Last edited by car; 15th November 2017 at 21:23.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Do you really think Mikkelsen wanted to stay in Citroen when he had the chance to go to Huyndai...? I don't think so
    Not after seeing how much he struggled with the car on gravel, but he would've signed a proper deal with Citroen early in the season, or before the season even began imo. That's when Matton should've offered him a long term deal and it was obvious at the time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    You really start to wonder how much time Matton has left in his job now. I don't feel like he has done anything in his years as the boss.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

11. Likes: AndyRAC (15th November 2017),Mirek (15th November 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Citroën critical mistake was not stay with Mikkelsen.
    What Citroen needs is a competent leading driver, able to motivate the whole team. In that sense, I don’t think Mikkelsen would make a huge difference from Meeke, besides being a more reliable driver. Ogier, with his constant winning focus and proven tech expertise would certainly push all Citroen staff members into a winning path; that’s what he did in VW and MSport.

On a hopeful note, we should remember Peugeot recent Dakar experience. Their first 2008DKR, in 2015, was a major flop, but with the help of a retired PSA tech guru (JC Vaucard) and the motivation of their leading driver (Peterhansel), they’ve managed to fix it and get a winning machine that’s still dominating the event.

Maybe Citroen new tech chief (Besse) work and a further involvement from Loeb on the C3 development can operate a similar result…fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Rally Power; 15th November 2017 at 20:20.
    Rally addict since 1982

13. Likes: AnttiL (15th November 2017)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    You forgot something, Citroen brings in this season quite a show. Still they have huge numbers of selling passenger C3's. And Serderidis car looks amazing. That livery rocks. All of official liveries are quite not much special this year, except Kremer's Fiesta was nice. Hyundai have better last year. And M-Sport was good looking for eyes some years ago with Castrol EDGE and Abu Dhabi. Really ugly I could say Bertelli have not taste at all.