Page 142 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1559

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 591 Times in 339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Yes give the drive to a man involved in a fatal testing accident they should be able to square that with their safety first approach. Oh and why not give the other car to Novikov. He got Citroen more youtube hits than just about anyone nearly back flipping a C4 in Finland.
    It's funny you should mention Novikov. I wondered what happened to him a few days ago so I checked. He has been gone completely from rally except for one masters show somewhere. Probably slaving away at some gulag these days to repay his sponsors.

Luky is a likable guy though. He does seem to be a bit more steady in recent years (although we said that about Meeke too). You never know until you try him out. I never said to give him a full year contract. Draft him in for three rallies and see how he does...

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (27th May 2018),steve.mandzij (27th May 2018)
    Liked 1,911 Times in 876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    It's funny you should mention Novikov. I wondered what happened to him a few days ago so I checked. He has been gone completely from rally except for one masters show somewhere. Probably slaving away at some gulag these days to repay his sponsors.
    Doing some co-driving https://www.ewrc-results.com/coprofi...geniy-novikov/

4. Likes: juhoman (1st June 2018),pantealex (27th May 2018),sonnybobiche (27th May 2018),the sniper (27th May 2018)
    Liked 591 Times in 339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Huh... Forgot to check the co-driver page. Well, thanks. Enough said about that now, let's not change the subject

Liked 767 Times in 411 Posts
    Suggesting Lukyanuk is nuts.

- Leadership above Budar kicked Meeke due to crashing and "danger", so now he should go to them and suggest "this guy from Russia who often has high-speed crashes and was recently in a deadly accident"

Ignoring this "minor" issue lets look on the performance side:

- Lukyanuk simply does not have experience on the rallies that are driven in WRC, that's quite important, despite his age just about all of them will be completely new to him. Even in this era of onboard-watching it's still a disadvantage

- The few times he did WRC rallies against WRC2 pilots (Sweden 2017, GB before), he was 5-6 in term of speed, clearly behind Tidemand, Sunninen, Camilli etc. Don't see how switching to WRC will suddenly make him faster than them.

7. Likes: Allez Andruet (27th May 2018),AnttiL (27th May 2018),juhoman (1st June 2018),Micke_VOC (28th May 2018),Rally Power (27th May 2018),the sniper (27th May 2018)
    Liked 1,030 Times in 608 Posts
    Why not Meeke in a third MSport Fiesta WRC or even R5, rest of the season?

At least Malcolm could try him in Finland and Rally GB.
    Last edited by Rallyper; 27th May 2018 at 10:18.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 336 Times in 177 Posts
    Oh yes, he wants to spend that money...

Liked 428 Times in 174 Posts
    Btw, we don't even know whether Meeke is allowed to compete in WRC with any other manufacturer this season. Who knows, if the contract hasn't been terminated, Citroen can probably force him to "sit out" the rest of the season - IF they would want to do that in the first place.

For Finland for example, it would be a bit strange if the winner of 2016 edition won't be there in 2018 (nor last year's third...).
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

11. Likes: pantealex (27th May 2018)
    Liked 1,789 Times in 571 Posts
    Didn't Meeke have it in his contract that he would drive all of the WRC events? If so, it's Citroën breaking up the contract and he's probably free to do whatever he wants.

Liked 428 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Didn't Meeke have it in his contract that he would drive all of the WRC events? If so, it's Citroën breaking up the contract and he's probably free to do whatever he wants.
    Not that simple. There are - I think - various termination clauses in the contract, resulting in different sorts of verdicts (if you wanna call them that). Not giving Meeke a car to drive very likely isn't a breach of contract as such from the Citroen side.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    i can understand Citroens decision,but dont like it.
    Dont like it because Meeke is one to watch at wrc,for good and bad reasons.
    Yes he didnt manage to deliver,but he didnt helped from his team to deliver.
    I dont believe that any other driver would manage good results at c3.
    Impossible for any driver to deliver good results,when team after one year, had to call Loeb to justify the c3 problems.
    There is no such example at wrc.
    Citroen isnt the same team that won everything at last decade.
    Strange decisions,less budget,not good drivers choices.
    While Meeke is probably paid for rest of season,they preffered to fire him,than to enter him at wrc2 with c3 r5.
    They will still try with Lefebvre to beat the official skodas(lol)
    after the ''problematic'' ds3,they build a new car,and demonstrate it against the king championship winning fabia,with 1 crew against 2 crews of skoda.The starnge decisions i talked.
    Will be surprised anybody if they fail?
    This game you have to spent money to play.If you cant afford ,you just dont play.When you do it ,you have to do it right.
    You dont ridicule a glorious team with such presentation at world playing level.

Saying that,i dont mean that Meeke hasnt his share at this sideline.Some of his crashes there is no excuse when he hadnt got to push.
    Wish him all the best for the future.
    i d like to see him at a couple rallies with a prooven car.
    I think Citroen managers have realised that he will inevitably kill someone very soon. They want to skip the negative publicity from it and prevent the complete closure of their WRC involvement.