Page 139 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1559

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 619 Times in 275 Posts

Liked 470 Times in 271 Posts
    Citroen are going nowhere fast; completely inept management. Do us all a favour and pull the plug at the end of the year.

However, I'd like to know what happened their budget compared to previous WRC programmes; they seem to be run on a shoestring budget, with added AbuDhabi backing. Have the board gone cold on a WRC programme? And to be honest, I don't know what they get out of their WRC effort. Their road cars are hardly inspiring, are they?
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 767 Times in 411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    However, I'd like to know what happened their budget compared to previous WRC programmes; they seem to be run on a shoestring budget, with added AbuDhabi backing. Have the board gone cold on a WRC programme? And to be honest, I don't know what they get out of their WRC effort. Their road cars are hardly inspiring, are they?
    There was a comparison of testing kms before the start of 2017 season where citroen had like 50% more than Hyundai which again had much more than the next team. That must have cost quite a lot of money (even with not participating in 2016 season).

But judging by Al Quassimi comments it might be that emirates money got turned down quite a bit after their performance at the start of 2017.

Liked 767 Times in 411 Posts
    Anyway in terms of Meeke's exit at Citroen I believe there is not much more/different to say from anyone.

So where do both go from here:

Citroen

I guess most agree that Breen should drive all rallies. Østberg will likely drive some, probably in (semi)-paying mode.

But who else?
    - nobody/money driver. No car is possible, money driver is imo not very likely, Østberg and maybe Al Quassimi will do that.
    - Paddon or Sordo on events they don't start. I don't really think so, maybe Hyundai won't allow them. Also Paddon has (seemingly) most of his events ahead of him. Sordo is doing well this year so he maybe has no motivation
    - some young driver to "test out", if they plan on staying next year (or at least Budar wants to try it) this is possible. But not many good candidates to pick. Skoda might not let Tidemand. Of the French guys I'd rather see Camilli again than Lefevbre.

Meeke
    I can see him in a Fiesta on 2? events. Don't remember Suninens exact program, but I don't think it says anywhere he needs to be factory nominated. So Meeke could be used by Malcolm as a joker in manu/drivers title.
    This would imo be good for all sides and for spectators and Meeke prbly needs this if he has hopes for drive in 2019.

Liked 8,706 Times in 4,002 Posts
    i can understand Citroens decision,but dont like it.
    Dont like it because Meeke is one to watch at wrc,for good and bad reasons.
    Yes he didnt manage to deliver,but he didnt helped from his team to deliver.
    I dont believe that any other driver would manage good results at c3.
    Impossible for any driver to deliver good results,when team after one year, had to call Loeb to justify the c3 problems.
    There is no such example at wrc.
    Citroen isnt the same team that won everything at last decade.
    Strange decisions,less budget,not good drivers choices.
    While Meeke is probably paid for rest of season,they preffered to fire him,than to enter him at wrc2 with c3 r5.
    They will still try with Lefebvre to beat the official skodas(lol)
    after the ''problematic'' ds3,they build a new car,and demonstrate it against the king championship winning fabia,with 1 crew against 2 crews of skoda.The starnge decisions i talked.
    Will be surprised anybody if they fail?
    This game you have to spent money to play.If you cant afford ,you just dont play.When you do it ,you have to do it right.
    You dont ridicule a glorious team with such presentation at world playing level.

Saying that,i dont mean that Meeke hasnt his share at this sideline.Some of his crashes there is no excuse when he hadnt got to push.
    Wish him all the best for the future.
    i d like to see him at a couple rallies with a prooven car.

6. Likes: er88 (26th May 2018)
    Liked 310 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Actually it is not fully true. (apart from the fact that there is no Mikkelson or Otsberg in WRC)

Breen has better result this year than Meeke (2nd vs 3rd).
    Mikkelsen beat Meeke on both rallies where they raced together (Sardinia - even snail pace was enough to get points and beat Meeks crash, Germany he got second, Meeke got nothing due to crash again + technical, but this time Mikkelsen was also faster than him in 9 out of 13 stages and led him by over a minute in driving time).

Loeb was ahead of Meeke both times when he had puncture and off and beat him on both PS. "Loeb was getting beaten by Lappi in Corsica", he was on Saturday and Sunday + PS, but so was everyone else! Ohh and Lappi crashed causing a puncture in the process

Østberg again beat Meeke on both rallies they raced together in same car (was a lot due to circumstances yes)

--------------
    If anything, the 2nd places of Breen + Mikkelsen and Loeb's speed had debunked the idea that "only Meeke can drive C3 fast".
    Yes only Meeke did win with it. 2 times in 18 rallies, Mikkelsen drove 3, Loeb and Østberg 2, Breen 14 but before C3 his best results was a single 3rd place.

-----------------
    Everyone understands that the crash in Portugal was really just the last drop/excuse for Citroen leadership.

However, there was a major difference compared with Ogier, Latvala, Tanak or Paddon. Those guys crashed when they were in real fights, 2 of them while leading the rally.

Meeke crashed when he was 40s behind Østberg and getting beaten by him in stagetimes (Lappi's penalty was registered first on Sunday). At that point he had nothing to fight for and the crash was completely unnecessary.
    In all my many years following this sport, indeed any sport, I have never, ever come across anybody who has such a festering, obsessive dislike for a person in our sport as MKnight has for Meeke. You are not a rally fan, you are not a sports fan, frankly I don't know what you are other than some self righteous and obnoxious troll that spends endless hours on eWRC compiling silly little lists trying and failing to justify your ego driven, odious little tirades that you post on what seems a daily basis.
    This post is not about me or anybody else being a fan of Meeke. Kris Meeke is a human being, he has a wife, children, a brother and a father. How would you feel if somebody launched constant disparaging tirades of criticism at a member of your family in the manner that you do? This is a public forum and you, whoever you are, should be utterly ashamed of yourself.
    We all have negative opinions on drivers at times but unlike you and one or two of your acolytes we don't make it a part time career.
    Last edited by noel157; 25th May 2018 at 20:45.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (25th May 2018)
    Liked 492 Times in 192 Posts
    I don't know why this debate is going on, I think Budar's clarification made it clear enough why he was dropped. It makes sense either way, if Citroen doesn't continue they probably don't need the extra repair bills and a win or two won't matter and if they do continue the plan to have Meeke as lead driver isn't working out so they can try to focus on others.

10. Likes: Allez Andruet (26th May 2018),AnttiL (25th May 2018),pantealex (27th May 2018),TWRC (26th May 2018)
    Liked 390 Times in 214 Posts
    Maybe it had been a good idea to let him drive the R5, then it for sure had been tested good. But I guess he did not want to.

To focus more forward, I still feel the best of the rest, is Mr Tidemand. Would be perfect practice for him before Skoda in 2020.
    Paddon is also a good candidate.
    www.parcferme.no

Liked 1,911 Times in 876 Posts
    I think Citroen truly wants either Seb full time, and dropping the lead driver is a part of the plan

Liked 310 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think Citroen truly wants either Seb full time, and dropping the lead driver is a part of the plan
    But does Loeb want Citroen?