Page 64 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/augus...6--12-12-.html

Matton would like Loeb to do gravel test as well

2. Likes: dimviii (9th August 2017),er88 (10th August 2017),pantealex (9th August 2017),TWRC (9th August 2017)
    Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/augus...6--12-12-.html

Matton would like Loeb to do gravel test as well
    i think that would provide invaluable insight to the team as well. And i'd suggest allowing him to test on various gravel surfaces when the team does PETs/testing to maximise the input from all the drivers and Loeb

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    “The first feeling was that it was a bit of a racing car on a rally stage. When it’s full dry, it’s fast and efficient, but in tricky conditions it would be nice to improve a bit the driveability and make it easier to drive,”
    So now they have feedback from Breen, Meeke, Mikkelsen, Lefebvre and Loeb, and they all sound very similar. On dry tarmac it's a WTCC car, outside of that window it's a tricky sod. It's a shame it took this long to realise that.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (9th August 2017),AnttiL (9th August 2017),er88 (10th August 2017),Munkvy (9th August 2017),pantealex (9th August 2017),satnav (9th August 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    something we don't know from French speaking mates?

Great piece, thanks for sharing it dimvii. The L’Equipe journo does a fantastic job describing the atmosphere around this very special day for Loeb and Citroen, as this wasn’t just a ordinary test session; it was the return of the 9 times champ to a WRC car and to his long time team. Besides Loeb’s comments on the C3 (like sonnybobiche already mentioned), we got to know that Loeb, his entourage and the whole Citroen team were delighted and there was a tangible feeling that this could be the start of something big. For now, both Matton and Loeb just talked about a possible gravel test coming next.

Some quotes:
    Loeb “My first motivation was to discover the potential of these new cars. The engine goes strong, it takes more revs than the old ones, there’s more aero force and I must admit I wasn’t expecting for such a corner speed difference, on the dry, from the previous generation cars, like the DS3”; “I’ve the feeling I’m still quick behind the well”. Elena “the pace notes come out as before, it’s like we had never stopped”.
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: dimviii (9th August 2017),sonnybobiche (10th August 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Are you forgetting Corsica?
    We know Meeke is quick on all surfaces.
    Tarmac is not the problem for Citroen DS3 but still Loeb finds it difficult.
    Why do you now believe Loeb about car issues, but not Meeke earlier in year?
    In 2016 Corsica Meeke beat Ogier in Polo on one stage by 17 seconds saying he didn't feel they were going very fast... and then ripped a wheel off on the next. This year with C3 he got to drive 6 stages. Breen was about same speed on Corsica as all other rallies. Yes we know Meeke can be quick on all surfaces and sometimes can even finish, but Corsica this year didn't particularly stand out compared with results with DS3. Btw. Breen also had about same speed in Finland with C3 as he did with DS3. In the interview between Poland and Finland Lefevbre said that in Poland the car was perfect for him whole weekend and was doing exactly what he wanted.

If a single driver (Meeke or anyone else) does well in C3 in a single rally while the rest of the team struggles, it does not show the car has changed in any way or that it's consistently good at that surface.

Up until now nobody openly complained about C3 on tarmac, Loeb is the first one.

To the last point: I do not believe any car issues "force" a driver to crash 4 times in 3 rallies from first place. Anyway there is an own thread for Meeke:
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/show...t-Performances

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    uuuurrrgggghhhh... boke!
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    In 2016 Corsica Meeke beat Ogier in Polo on one stage by 17 seconds saying he didn't feel they were going very fast... and then ripped a wheel off on the next. This year with C3 he got to drive 6 stages. Breen was about same speed on Corsica as all other rallies. Yes we know Meeke can be quick on all surfaces and sometimes can even finish, but Corsica this year didn't particularly stand out compared with results with DS3. Btw. Breen also had about same speed in Finland with C3 as he did with DS3. In the interview between Poland and Finland Lefevbre said that in Poland the car was perfect for him whole weekend and was doing exactly what he wanted.

If a single driver (Meeke or anyone else) does well in C3 in a single rally while the rest of the team struggles, it does not show the car has changed in any way or that it's consistently good at that surface.

Up until now nobody openly complained about C3 on tarmac, Loeb is the first one.

To the last point: I do not believe any car issues "force" a driver to crash 4 times in 3 rallies from first place. Anyway there is an own thread for Meeke:
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/show...t-Performances

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Still looks

#M-SPORTER

12. Likes: Eli (10th August 2017),sonnybobiche (10th August 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

14. Likes: sonnybobiche (10th August 2017)
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    I think what Loeb said about the car basically backs up what has been said on here, in low traction conditions the rear is loose and makes the car hard to drive. When the traction is high its very good.
    I have to admit, I'd like to see him have a go at it again...

16. Likes: steve.mandzij (9th August 2017)