Multiple rally winners that are out of contracts after 2018:

Ogier,
Neuville
Latvala

Single rally winners that are out of contract after 2018:

Paddon,
Sordo
Østberg
(think Evans also has contract next year)

Unexpected signings might happen, like when Neuville went from M-Sport to Hyundai after finishind 2nd in 2013.

It is also possible they might let Tidemand drive some rallies that don't overlap with WRC2 plans this year.
And that makes it look so bleak for Citroen. I'm fascinated to see what plans they actually have for 19/20, as I still can't see them sticking around if they can't get an elite driver.

IMO they aren't going to get a better driver than Kris unless they give Ogier the biggest contract in WRC history. Even then Seb isnt motivated by money, he's motivated by championships and there's a big question mark over whether he will even continue in the sport anyway.

Neuville isn't going to leave Hyundai and Jari probably isn't a step up from Meeke + doesn't know the C3 at all. It leaves Citroen taking a gamble on Paddon or trying to nurture Tiedemand (although I have a feeling his future is linked with Skoda's return to the WRC). Sordo, Ostberg and Breen would be one of the most dull WRC team lineups since Gardemeister/Kresta in 2005, unless Breen can find another level (fingers crossed he can). Everyone already knows Sordo and Ostberg aren't really drivers who can fight for wins on a regular basis.