Page 134 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1539

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 3,803 Times in 1,623 Posts
    i would really love to see Kris in another car, in m-sport for example, how would he do there?...if he still would crash, well then....

Mads sayin in norwgian media that the team has contacted him and they are talking things through.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 25th May 2018 at 07:53.
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

Liked 45 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Though it was a very bad incident, there weren't any pictures. These days with social media its pictures that go around the world. Pictures like...

The fact the driver was ok and saved by the car isnt seen, it just looks like 'Citroen's crash and then look like this ...'
    What are you on about, the Paddon Monte 17 crash was everywhere in social media, with plenty of pictures and video (unfortunately), and "these days" - it was 1.5 years ago not in the 90's!

Liked 126 Times in 76 Posts
    PR fuckup for Citroen.
    For Meeke, he couldn't pick where he went off. He did nothing worse than Paddon, Ogier, Latvala etc,, on that rally. It just so happened a tree was there.
    If you really analysis Meeke performances.. he has had a combination of bad luck, undriveable car, which caused accidents, and some badly timed mistakes of his own. He was trying to tell the engineers that was something fundamental wrong with the car, but it wasnt his job to find out what it was. It took Mikkelson saga, and Loeb test to validate Meeke.
    The management are still stuck in the Loeb era, but not with the budget, its a fraction of what they were spending during that era.
    Loeb came in with nothing to loose, and was thowing the kitchen table at it, went off trying, and was getting trounced by a novice Fin driving a Toyota, in Corsica.
    That tells your where they are with the C3
    The only thing they had up their sleeve, was odd win of tarmac, now even that chance has gone.
    The car was a still away behind in development, and this latest geometry upgrade, only has given them a base to work from, where they should have been 18 months ago .
    The suspension, or lack thereof, make the car susceptible to punctures... count the number of punctures Citroen Racing drivers have had this year, vs other team
    Citroen will only be a privateer team next year, i'll 99% guarantee it, with Juoki drivers or rich kids.
    to be honest, I think Meeke comes out of this in a better light that Citroen
    I'd love to see Meeke in GB or Finland in a Toyota........
    Last edited by wrc2017; 25th May 2018 at 08:25.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (25th May 2018),er88 (25th May 2018)
    Liked 428 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    PR fuckup for Citroen.
    For Meeke, he couldn't pick where he went off. He did nothing worse than Paddon, Ogier, Latvala etc,, on that rally. It just so happened a tree was there.
    If you really analysis Meeke performances.. he has had a combination of bad luck, undriveable car, which caused accidents, and some badly timed mistakes of his own. He was trying to tell the engineers that was something fundamental wrong with the car, but it wasnt his job to find out what it was. It took Mikkelson saga, and Loeb test to validate Meeke.
    The management are still stuck in the Loeb era, but not with the budget, its a fraction of what they were spending during that era.
    Or to put it in other words: Meeke had a chance of a lifetime with the C3 and he blew it. Getting sacked doesn't mean you're bad at your job, but that you have failed to match the expectations. And that's exactly what Meeke did. I don't think there's denying that. And ofcourse there's always more to the story, I hope everyone understands it's not only about Meeke. Sure Citroen WRT and its management has made poor decisions as well, but as has been said before, something obviously had to be done and Meeke, with his performances, basically offered himself to be sacrificed. And for that there's only Kris himself to blame.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

6. Likes: BleAivano (25th May 2018),gorganl2000 (25th May 2018),JTGANG (25th May 2018),pantealex (25th May 2018),Rally Power (25th May 2018),TWRC (25th May 2018)
    Liked 166 Times in 77 Posts
    Even with the greatest possible empathy and respect for Chris Meeke, a decision became imperative. What would be the reactions if a fatal outcome had occurred? It's sad, but the last images of Portugal were scary. Best for Chris and Paul, especially alive.
    "C'est une triste chose de songer que la nature parle et que le genre humain n'écoute pas" (Victor Hugo)

Liked 126 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Or to put it in other words: Meeke had a chance of a lifetime with the C3 and he blew it. Getting sacked doesn't mean you're bad at your job, but that you have failed to match the expectations. And that's exactly what Meeke did. I don't think there's denying that. And ofcourse there's always more to the story, I hope everyone understands it's not only about Meeke. Sure Citroen WRT and its management has made poor decisions as well, but as has been said before, something obviously had to be done and Meeke, with his performances, basically offered himself to be sacrificed. And for that there's only Kris himself to blame.
    maybe.. but i failed to see anyone else doing any better.

Mikkelson, Otsberg, Breen.. or even Loeb... failed (hard facts it Meeke outscored Loeb over his tow outings, while trying to keep in championship contention)
    No other top level driver in the their right mind, would now want to drive a Citroen....
    #1 because the car is below par
    #2 the management

What will probably go down in WRC history, its that Meeke was the only one to win in a C3 WRC.

9. Likes: AndyRAC (25th May 2018),er88 (25th May 2018)
    Liked 540 Times in 263 Posts
    I think everyone agrees that:
    a) Meeke had it coming
    b) Citroen is in a bit of a PR nightmare with their timing

Also that no one expected Meeke to be sacked now. Maybe during the mid-summer break would had been better for the team.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

11. Likes: AnttiL (25th May 2018),juhoman (1st June 2018),mknight (25th May 2018),pantealex (25th May 2018),TWRC (25th May 2018)
    Liked 39 Times in 25 Posts
    I'm very sad for Kris. He is a great driver but with a lot of crashes. Pure McRae spirit. Too 90's for Citroën and Pierre Budar. Now, we will not hear something about Citroën in WRC with their "awesome" line-up.
    And also, Loeb will not return for a full champ: https://www.lemagsportauto.com/entre...en-loeb/32201/

Liked 428 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    maybe.. but i failed to see anyone else doing any better.

Mikkelson, Otsberg, Breen.. or even Loeb... failed
    That's true, statistically, but none of the mentioned drivers were expected to deliver what Meeke was. That's the difference here.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

14. Likes: pantealex (25th May 2018)
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,176 Times in 2,232 Posts
    TBH although disappointing it’s not surprising.

At some point it’s not just bad luck & you have to review where & why things keep going wrong and learn a lesson.

Given Meeke's response post-event I’m not convinced this was happening.