Page 157 of 227 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    im sure he is delighted after being the fall guy for a year and a half.
    Having spoken to someone closely affiliated with the wrc, I'm sure he isn't.

Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    Allegedly the lawyers are very much involved between Meeke and Citroen...

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Ostberg taking credit for the changes to the C3 WRC which have been made in his tests and to suit his driving style:

"We have done massive things to the car," Ostberg told Autosport.

"Together with the engineers I have changed the philosophy with the car, I'm driving it differently.

"I am the one who wanted [those changes] to help me drive fast. I was not confident in Portugal and Sardinia, but now I am."

Asked if he was surprised at the times in shakedown, he replied: "The times are strong and yes, I am a little bit surprised.

"Like I said, we have done big things, but it's difficult to know if you tune it enough.

"My boss asked me the same question: 'is it enough?' We did 50 clicks in the damper, changed the suspension here and diff there and... does it work? You only need one of these elements to be out and it's gone, but I do feel like we've got it right.

"What can I do on the event? I can do what I did on shakedown. The question is what can the others do between now and the finish?

"We can win this rally if the car is working well. The feeling from the test, the feeling today and the recce is all good.

"I want to go out and do exactly what I have done; I can drive at the speed I had in shakedown for two weeks in a row if I want."
    #M-SPORTER

4. Likes: Rally Power (26th July 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Big words from a guy who has never won a WRC event on pure pace. I'd love to see Mads battling at the front but in my head I can't quite see it. Let's see. I have good memories of 2013 and my second trip to Finland. He and Thierry were on it that year.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

6. Likes: pantealex (26th July 2018)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Big words from a guy who has never won a WRC event on pure pace. I'd love to see Mads battling at the front but in my head I can't quite see it. Let's see. I have good memories of 2013 and my second trip to Finland. He and Thierry were on it that year.
    The new rear sub-frame made it to Portugal if I remember correctly, now the front sub-frame for Finland.
    These things have taken a year to develop, most likely after Meeke complaining was substaniated by Loeb... now and Otsberg is taking any credit on the back of one shakedown result. He is learn to keep his mouth shut. What will be his excuse on Sunday evening?
    Breen will outpace him over the rally.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    The new rear sub-frame made it to Portugal if I remember correctly, now the front sub-frame for Finland.
    These things have taken a year to develop, most likely after Meeke complaining was substaniated by Loeb... now and Otsberg is taking any credit on the back of one shakedown result. He is learn to keep his mouth shut. What will be his excuse on Sunday evening?
    One thing is to complain that something is wrong; another is to help fixing it. I truly believe Ostberg is better than Meeke on the second, which is great for Citroen.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Let the man say whatever he wants. Dude has spent a fortune to run in the WRC. It's one more driver and one more WR car on the stages... 4 hours before we see some serious action. So many unknowns makes this event incredibly interesting.

Toyota should dominate. The word within Toyota is that Lappi has been showing amazing pace during tests. He was about 95% during shakedown according to EPL himself. JML and EPL both admitted to taking fairly easy during shakedown as they have done enough testing.

Citroen coming in with new front suspension mods, but the driver talent will keep them in 5th-6th place in my opinion.

Hyundai has done some testing in Finland/Estonia to be better this year.

Ford with new aero and Sachs dampers for Ogier to help him...although rumor is the sachs dampers were introduced fairly late and this might be an issue for Seb, but we shall see.
    Last edited by racerx1979; 27th July 2018 at 03:10.

10. Likes: steve.mandzij (27th July 2018)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    One thing is to complain that something is wrong; another is to help fixing it. I truly believe Ostberg is better than Meeke on the second, which is great for Citroen.
    he has you fooled too.

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    He actually made the subaru S14 driveable, he isn't that bad for sure.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    I'm a big Meeke fan, but I also like Mads too. I think he gets a lot of stick for having money, which takes away a little credit when he does do well.
    However, I'm with wrc2017 on this one. It is well documented that Kris was pushing for changes with the setup of the car. Citroen only heeded when it was confirmed by other drivers (who they could of, should of used in initial car development as well).

Citroen said it would take a year to implement the changes. Do you really believe Mads does a pet an calls for changes which suddenly now take a matter of weeks to sort?

14. Likes: Jewy46 (27th July 2018)