Page 117 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Absolutely. He demolished Paddon, and Mikkelsen (who's admitted he's aiming for the title) couldn't cope with him on what was his home rally with an equally good start position. Ofcourse Breen still has a lot of improving to do to be up with the top guys on pure pace in more equal conditions, but this was a such a good step for him and Citroen have dropped a clanger not having him in the car for Mexico (and possibly even Corsica). The new team boss knows as much himself, but the decision was made before he was in position sadly.
    I've said it before and will say it again: Mikkelsen Is overrated.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. Likes: A FONDO (23rd February 2018),Allez Andruet (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    During Monte Carlo, each team had an addition Press Car for their Press Day... See Makinen driving around in the Yaris WRC with Juha K.

In addition Citroen Racing did in fact bring 3 C3 WRCars to Monte... on of them used for guest drives with Meeke (see RedBull coverage)... I really should have gotten the License plate to see what Chasis number it was on the trusty eWRC website but I didn't...

So The teams do have additional cars lying around.. Hyundai had four in MC.

So I don't see why or how hard it could be to bring an additional C3 WRC to a home round in Corse for Breen... extra mechanics can come from Versailles... freight is easy... but for Mexico, they fly all the cars.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

4. Likes: steve.mandzij (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Yeah, fly in that third C3 for Craig and see how long he can go up that rally without mechanics or a service park slot.

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    What I mean is if they'll fly in a C3 WRC... they can fly in the additional mechanics... they can easily fit a third WRC in the tent as it'll be a long haul package.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Rims? Spare parts? Recce car? Tools for that one extra car? Ofc. they could, but the point is, they decided not to spend more money.

9. Likes: AnttiL (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    What I mean is if they'll fly in a C3 WRC... they can fly in the additional mechanics... they can easily fit a third WRC in the tent as it'll be a long haul package.
    It’s true that Loeb getting Breen’s seat was announced a long time ago and for Breen skipping a couple of events will be always better than sharing the second car with Lefebvre all season long (like it was initially told). We also know that Citroen strict budget unable them to have 3 cars, but I wonder if it wasn’t possible to have Loeb’s special appearances covered by outside partners; the guy is a sponsor magnet, even if the Arabs opposed to a Red Bull deal it’s not hard to imagine French companies making a line to pay for this 3 outings (starting with Total or Michelin), which would certainly also allowed a better promotion of this operation.

Anyway, more than having Loeb’s back, the main thing is to see the C3 fixed and able to fight for the win in any rally, like Breen showed in Sweden.
    Rally addict since 1982

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    During Monte Carlo, each team had an addition Press Car for their Press Day... See Makinen driving around in the Yaris WRC with Juha K.

In addition Citroen Racing did in fact bring 3 C3 WRCars to Monte... on of them used for guest drives with Meeke (see RedBull coverage)... I really should have gotten the License plate to see what Chasis number it was on the trusty eWRC website but I didn't...

So The teams do have additional cars lying around.. Hyundai had four in MC.

So I don't see why or how hard it could be to bring an additional C3 WRC to a home round in Corse for Breen... extra mechanics can come from Versailles... freight is easy... but for Mexico, they fly all the cars.
    and i guess running the car in a full wrc event is equally expensive as just fly it over and do 50kms in guest rides...

are you trying to be this way ? or it comes naturally ?

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 2 View Post
    Others also had good road position, but it was Breen who came second, and his drive was realy impressive.
    He did... and as a long-standing Breen fan I am more than aware of his ability.

But he also has a lot more experience of Sweden than Mexico.

The bottom line preventing his drive is Citroen's lack of budget.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    He did... and as a long-standing Breen fan I am more than aware of his ability.

But he also has a lot more experience of Sweden than Mexico.

The bottom line preventing his drive is Citroen's lack of budget.
    Why did you say people are maybe getting carried away with his Sweden result then?

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Why did you say people are maybe getting carried away with his Sweden result then?
    Because they are assuming he could do a similar drive in Mexico, but he has no experience there. It is a pity, but not the great disaster some are suggesting.
    #M-SPORTER

15. Likes: AnttiL (23rd February 2018)