Quote Originally Posted by jens
Well, there is a theory that Marko's words would motivate rather than distract Webber. So based on that we can clearly see, where Marko is coming from. Those guys in RBR know each other personally and they know, how to influence each other. Who are we to comment on that?
Well, opinions can be offered, surely? After all, you're commenting on it, just in a different way (one with which I agree, incidentally.)

Quote Originally Posted by jens
Ecclestone has achieved so much in his life and keeps doing it that I get the feeling any kind of comments in the media is him just playing it knowingly smart. Yes, even the stupid comments are acting. Because he knows, what it takes to get media attention. And this is all, what F1 needs. Surely he is very money-orientated in his decisions, but I think he is very clever in his dealings and I don't think any alleged "issues" are affecting him in his business.
I was thinking especially about comments made by Derek Warwick, who of course worked for him at Brabham. He said Ecclestone was so enraged by seeing the cord twisted on a telephone on the wall in the factory that he ripped it out of the wall and threw it on the floor. Just one example, but very indicative, I feel — not the actions of someone of, shall we say, stable mind. Has his personality affected him in business? Well, it may still do.