Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Your ideas to fix Indycar

I have been a quiet participant and follower of this forum. I am not naive to see that our open wheeled series has been declining in numbers. But I believe most sports and entertainment go through decline unless they are kept fresh and updated. And the current times require quicker updates as attention spans appear to be getting shorter. What I notice from some of these forums is a sense of doom for our series. I want to send out a challenge to all of you to offer your ideas to update the series, teams, drivers, etc. For example, does Indycar need to make bigger stars out of the drivers and how? How do we get more mass media's attention? I wonder if we present ideas, who will be listening and where they go? thanks.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    2WD and almost Formula Libre.
    Let the cars have a maximum of 600bhp as measured at a control diff housing but after that, give everyone a free run to build whatever the hell they like.

I wanna see what happens when engineers go to Crazy-Go-Nuts-University and spread engineering madness all over.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2IA
    But I believe most sports and entertainment go through decline unless they are kept fresh and updated. And the current times require quicker updates as attention spans appear to be getting shorter.
    I don't actually believe this to be true. Name a successful sport in which the rules and regulations are constantly chopped and changed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anything is just rearranging the deck chairs of the Titanic as long as ICS is saddled with the obscure cable TV exposure. In addition, the changing demographics towards an electronic society versus a motorized society are against motor sports entirely. Racing is being thrown under the global warming bus as well as Agenda 21 which demands that no one will even have a car let alone be able to race them. I think that a new all electric formula would catch on however.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I don't actually believe this to be true. Name a successful sport in which the rules and regulations are constantly chopped and changed.
    Formula One.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    2WD and almost Formula Libre.
    Let the cars have a maximum of 600bhp as measured at a control diff housing but after that, give everyone a free run to build whatever the hell they like.

I wanna see what happens when engineers go to Crazy-Go-Nuts-University and spread engineering madness all over.

Considering that the teams recently unanimously voted down the idea of using even custom aero kits, I don't see how this idea will fly. With regards to technical specifications, I think in the short term we need to get them to accept the aero kits. For the longer term, we need to get rid of Dalara's exclusive monopoly on chassis IMO.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    - better tv package
    - more american drivers
    - more ovals
    - better looking cars
    - aero kits
    - more manufacturer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO
    - better tv package
    - more american drivers
    - more ovals
    - better looking cars
    - aero kits
    - more manufacturer
    That's where the IRL was made for, right? And now? We don't have enough American drivers and BY FAR not enough ovals... :/
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Formula One.
    We as enthusiasts may know about the changes to F1, but most casual viewers won't have a clue.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    NASCAR - whatever you think of the rule changes its still the top form of motorsport in the US.

We as enthusiasts may know about the changes to F1, but most casual viewers won't have a clue.
    I wonder if people within F1 realise they are shooting themselves in the foot?

Sebastian Vettel - David Lettermans The Late-Show - YouTube

or is it because some viewers are lazy or really find the technical intricacies off putting?

BBC commentators needed to explain British Grand Prix in more detail - Telegraph

Not so brilliant BBC exposed by losing out in race for World Athletics Championships - Telegraph

Regards to OP - a voodoo doll of Tony George would help.....