Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I think we're all overlooking the simple solution here: add 5 million new fans.
    That's more of a goal than a solution though.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    You said it all with those 2 sentences. That is exactly why I have no hope for IndyCar. The management, or rather, mis-management of IndyCar makes all other talk of what can be done to improve the series irrelevant because that people who run the series won't follow through with any of those ideas. IndyCar needs a sharp management team with a well thought out plan and a very sizable budget to have any chance of pulling themselves out of the pit they have put themselves in. They have none of those things.

I noticed you have made 23 post on 6 years bricarr2, but you make them count when you do decide to post.
    By all accounts IndyCar completed the best season in many years and the new management of IndyCar has been in place less than 120 days while the CEO of The Hulman & Company has been there less than a month and yet you have no hope for Indycar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilf
    By all accounts IndyCar completed the best season in many years and the new management of IndyCar has been in place less than 120 days while the CEO of The Hulman & Company has been there less than a month and yet you have no hope for Indycar.

Well, after all said management and CEO are responsible for removing the man who by all accounts is responsible for much of why Indycar just completed the best season in many years. I'd say that doesn't bode to well for any hope for Indycar. I hope they prove us wrong, but so far they are off to a VERY poor start.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    When did the deal clear the anti-trust folks and when did they announce VERSUS would become NBC Sports? What does NBC have scheduled for Memorial day?
    The re-naming of Versus was pretty well known long before the deal actaully cleared the antitrust.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Well, after all said management and CEO are responsible for removing the man who by all accounts is responsible for much of why Indycar just completed the best season in many years. I'd say that doesn't bode to well for any hope for Indycar. I hope they prove us wrong, but so far they are off to a VERY poor start.

Gary
    When an outsider loses his base he returns to being an outsider. He was brought it to improve the financials. The trend line went the wrong way and they had to cancel a scheduled event. There is a familiar ring to that.

He tried; God did he try. Unfortunately, many of his efforts did not produce the desired results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When an outsider loses his base he returns to being an outsider. He was brought it to improve the financials. The trend line went the wrong way and they had to cancel a scheduled event. There is a familiar ring to that.

He tried; God did he try. Unfortunately, many of his efforts did not produce the desired results.
    And never mind the ones that did produce results? He wan't given near enough time or authority to do what they asked him to do.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Probably need to set up a side fund to pay some world class drivers from F1 and NASCAR, since nobody gives a rat's hairy brown butt about the drivers who are in the series now - well except for the people who think that Danica is still an IRL/IndyCar driver.
    Would be a good start, should of happened long ago.
    PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    And never mind the ones that did produce results? He wan't given near enough time or authority to do what they asked him to do.

Gary

And which ones produced results to the bottom line?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    And which ones produced results to the bottom line?
    What bottom line are we chasing here? The most recent quraterly P&L or a long term vision of the bottom line? Trouble is that the folks at the helm were looking at the former and should have been more concenred about the longer term, which is where I think Randy had his eye.

Gary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1-An apology.

RB wanted to issue some form of apology for the split from the start in hopes this would have help reset the fan base. An apology to the fans, sponsors, and teams would have gone a long way.

2-Promote the series!

TV ratings, and having them go up will solve many of the issues mentioned. Ratings=money! Another Superbowl weekend and there were no Indycar commercials on Saturday or Sunday leading up to the game. LOTS of Pro Bowler Tour commercials on ESPN Sunday. A captive audience on just about every channel (ABC, ESPN, CBS, NBC...) no commercials for Indycar, or commercials from current sponsors. Yet they pay a PR firm from the East Coast......

3-One Leader for the long haul

Stop the revolving door, and theatrics played in the media. Pick one guy, and stick with him/her/it. Fine KK, TG and others who were cowardly enough to meet every race weekend in KK's motor coach. You have a problem, be man enough to take it directly to the top, and put in a formal complaint. Set five points to increase TV ratings.

4-Start the season earlier, prime time event

Have a race the day before the Superbowl or the night before the Daytona 500. Make it a big event, start on a road-course for 40 laps, and finish on an oval for 40 laps. Prime time and network TV.

5-Promote the series II!

The racing was great, but like a bear in the woods nobody was there to see it. Split commercial costs with top sponsors, Verizon, Shell, Target, Firestone Honda and Chevy. Let them film at the speedway....get the word out to the common man/woman.
    Green, Green, Green!