Page 85 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Citroën WRC 2013 - Rallye de Finlande - Jour 2 - Vidéo Dailymotion

im sure most rally fans will have seen this by now but for those who haven't....

I wonder who in citroen makes these videos? Maybe they should be the wrc promoter!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    For sure he could do that, and I would do it in this situation, for sure... But in some way you can't blame him for it happening (although I don't agree with letting it there, but who knows the man had not noticed it, by watching the car until it's gone and then watch where the cars come from again you can overlook it, especially when right next to you). For the reason: if there would not be anyone in the corner, it would have happened too. Rocks are thrown out everywhere all the time, it's just a matter of luck. There are many corners with no people to put rocks away, it's a matter of luck. And for sure the farther in the field, the more chance you have this (especially in the 2nd run of a stage)... By the way, from the looks of the video I think it is a marshall.
    I noticed that too. And we know how safe are marshals
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 16,103 Times in 6,991 Posts

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv
    I noticed that too. And we know how safe are marshals
    We should not generalize too much. Without no marshalls no rallying, and most of them are just rally-enthusiasts too. Of course on the scale of a WRC event, you need more people than "the natural resources" supply. Also in Germany this has been a problem, I often seen marshalls who had no idea of what they were doing... Still better a bad marshall than no marshall (and no rally).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirungi okwogera
    So are the S2000 guys like Lappi and Paddon fighting more powerful machines of Ketomaa (R5) and Kubica (RRC)? I am still unclear on whether R5 is faster than S2000. And RRC is meant to be faster than both right? Maybe Mirek can tell us?

I thought RRC was very close to WRC, just a few parts different. If that's the case it makes Paddon and Lappi even more impressive than I thought!
    I think the big difference with the S2000 cars is they do not have the top speed. About 20kmh slower than any of the turbo cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    We should not generalize too much. Without no marshalls no rallying, and most of them are just rally-enthusiasts too. Of course on the scale of a WRC event, you need more people than "the natural resources" supply. Also in Germany this has been a problem, I often seen marshalls who had no idea of what they were doing... Still better a bad marshall than no marshall (and no rally).
    So he's either retarded , a ****wit , or drunk like most finnish rally potatoes are at this time of the year...

Honestly it sticks out like dogs balls.

Spectators have a part to play in being sportsman like.

Its childish behavior how ever you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyNZ
    I think the big difference with the S2000 cars is they do not have the top speed. About 20kmh slower than any of the turbo cars.
    Can you give any actual numbers from RRC and R5 then? Fabia S2000 should have top speed of 184 kph. I don't know about RRC (I only know Mini has a longer gearbox than Fiesta), but for R5 I can not believe the top speed is 20kph higher than that. From what I've seen in Ypres (Mirek can confirm), it is (thanks to the 5-speed box) not higher than 190 kph I think. Also the cars don't get to the top speed crazy much in Finland, it's just fast everywhere, but I don't remember any rpm-limiter moments.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasS
    So he's either retarded , a ****wit , or drunk like most finnish rally potatoes are at this time of the year...

Honestly it sticks out like dogs balls.

Spectators have a part to play in being sportsman like.

Its childish behavior how ever you look at it.
    He is still not as childish as the vocabulary used in your posts.

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they are geared similar then the 10% extra power, and over twice the width of usable power band, is a big advantage in an R5.