Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Chilton for Marussia seat in 2013

BBC Sport - Max Chilton to drive for Marussia, says Eddie Jordan

OK, this is just what Eddie Jordan says, but very few believed him that Hamilton was going to take The Shoes seat at Mercedes....

This means, four, FOUR Britons on the grid next year

With Marussia significantly closing the gap to Caterham, I am really interested to see what Max can do next year.

2013 cant come soon enough....
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1,096 Times in 609 Posts
    SpeedTV in the US was calling Chilton for Marussia all throughout the Brazilian GP; so now with this news I am more inclined to believe it.

Plus I will add him to the price list for FGP 2013.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Eddie or DC come out with this, it's normally a ggod call.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    If Eddie or DC come out with this, it's normally a ggod call.
    Max Chilton seals 2013 Marussia Formula 1 drive - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
    Max Chilton will make his Formula 1 debut next year after securing the second race seat at Marussia.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Another loser for a loser - check his record.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I'm not sure what Vergne did to lose his seat
    another wasted talent by a team, that fails to understand the principle of building consistency.
    looks like marussia want to become a musical chairs team.
    These guys, much like STR think the driver is the problem andnot the lousy car.
    I would have gotten rid of glock before vergne, he has had 3 years at that team and 2 years to make an impact which he obviously hasn't. (i'll discount that first year CFD debacle of a design)
    oh well, good for chilton, I suppose
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Vergne hasn't lost anything, Chilton replaces Charles Pic, who has moved on to Caterham

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I would have gotten rid of glock before vergne, he has had 3 years at that team and 2 years to make an impact which he obviously hasn't. (i'll discount that first year CFD debacle of a design)
    oh well, good for chilton, I suppose
    Erm, you seem to forget that it was due to Glock that Marussia was 10th in the constructor standings until Brazil and it was his team mate who gave it away. And what has Vergne got to do with it? He's driving a Torro Rosso? So you slag off STR, although they kept both drivers despite a rather lacklustre year and you slag off Glock, although he was the one collecting the important positions that his useless team mate gave away. Talk about an utterly uninformed post, man
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Erm, you seem to forget that it was due to Glock that Marussia was 10th in the constructor standings until Brazil and it was his team mate who gave it away. And what has Vergne got to do with it? He's driving a Torro Rosso? So you slag off STR, although they kept both drivers despite a rather lacklustre year and you slag off Glock, although he was the one collecting the important positions that his useless team mate gave away. Talk about an utterly uninformed post, man
    I'm a fan of both Vitaly and Pic so I watched this shape up as best I could. Even before the race the Caterham-Marussis battle was intriguing because not only was Charles on his way to Caterham, but there was a lot at stake in finishing 10th in the WCC. It was possible that at some point there could be a conflict of interest involved. Anyway . . .

At the time, Petrov had been slowly reeling in Pic, but the track conditions and the pit strategies were constantly changing because of the weather, so it was difficult to tell just how it was going to sort itself out. Vitaly eventually got him when Charles was balked by a car exiting the pits, and the Caterham went sailing past, pulling away rather easily. They had seemed closely matched to that point--perhaps the Marussia's tires were finished.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Theres no denying Glock did a good job of dragging a dog of a car around the circuits, and I think Glock is a fantastic bench mark for Chilton to aim for. I doubt he will be pushing Glock from the outset (not with Timos extensive experience) but give him time and....
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up: