Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chat room

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Chat room

During most of the Grand Prix last year we've had a chat box on the front page for discussions while the racing is going on. While there has been reasonable attendance it was usually the same 4 or 5 people chatting during the race.

So is this something which should continue in 2013. Are there changes which can be made to persuade you to use the chat if you currently don't. Or just it's not worth keeping?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I've never used it but can't see any reason to get rid of it unless it causes problems.

I rarely watch races live these days, and when I do I don't do it with the laptop in my lap. Otherwise I'd probably log on myself.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Please do what you think is best
    May the forza be with you

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Didn't know it was there - ignorance is bliss?

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Mark, if you decide to keep the chat, could you also put on up for the qualifying sessions too?

Also, I think the WRC boys would probably find a chat feature more useful then us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    Didn't know it was there - ignorance is bliss?
    Mark has been posting up a thread every race for about a year... Before that I hosted a chat for a year or two, and before that Pino for god knows how many years...

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Mark, if you decide to keep the chat, could you also put on up for the qualifying sessions too?

Also, I think the WRC boys would probably find a chat feature more useful then us.

Mark has been posting up a thread every race for about a year... Before that I hosted a chat for a year or two, and before that Pino for god knows how many years...
    Kozington Chat ruled!! I wonder why it succeeded where Mark failed
    Just kidding [attachment=1:1ectbe2f]2000px-Alcatraz03182006.jpg[/attachment:1ectbe2f]
    May the forza be with you

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    During some Grands Prix there have been people "chatting" in the forum thread for the race, while the chat box was available on the front page. Posting the announcement in the race thread as well as on its own thread might get a few more people across.

Also I'd suggest putting a link to the front page in the announcement, to save having to hunt around for the relevant navigation link. I'm sure there are people who have their bookmarks pointed at a particular subforum or to the new posts page, who never usually see the front page.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A good concept which I would consider using but not an option for me as I don't have wireless. I have the choice of tv or internet. Another issue within the UK at least may be that some people will be waiting for the BBC highlights and therefore won't want to know what's going on.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    ...I rarely watch races live these days, and when I do I don't do it with the laptop in my lap. ...
    Ditto.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I used it quite alot last season. I enjoy it, another forum i go to occasionally has chat on and the box is a lot larger. Which allows you to see older remarks and have time to answer questions.

Just need to get more people on and I think its worth keeping. Defo
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy