Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I would strongly disagree with those predicting that 2013 will be a boring year because Vettel will likely win.

Yes, Vettel won this year, again, but was 2012 a boring year? Not at all. Fernando Alonso lost by just a few points, and a banal lucky or unlucky event could have swayed the championship competition either way. Considering that there will be relatively little technical regulation changes in 2013, we can expect once again a year with a closely spread field of cars and lots of close competition. The only relative disappointment to me is that it's possible that Lewis Hamilton once again will not be driving a car that's as good as he deserves.

On the other hand, though the rules are stable and Red BUll finally got the hang of 2012 at the end, with Vettel winning 4 or 5 races and being way faster in Brazil. So if its stable from the end of the season Vettel could be quite unstoppable.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    First glimpse of view on 2013 tells that probably we are not going to get a ground-breaking year with the regulations relatively stable for the last year and the same teams still expected to be at the top. Still, it can be a great season of racing, like 2008 was despite being the last season of a set of regulations. Or like 1997 was.

I have to agree with those, who say that the performances of Pérez and Hamilton are among the most exciting prospects of the new season. Thankfully we have finally got a change in the line-ups of top teams, so some new blood has got a chance to take on the big guns.

In addition to that I have to admit that I am really looking forward to seeing some new drivers in the places of Webber and Massa soon too. Those guys have been hanging around for some time and are hardly going to grab a WDC any more. But still, for a change to happen a midfield driver really has to impress to convince a top team to hire him. So in addition to SP/LH performances I am also excited about several young guns in the midfield (Hülkenberg, Ricciardo, Vergne, Bottas, but why not Maldonado, Grosjean, the two Force India drivers and whoever else can impress as well) and whether they can impress enough to get their careers really take off and join top teams.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Possibly Paddy Lowe to join Toto at Mercedes?

The Mercedes Monster is gathering speed. I wonder if the people that laughed at me when I said Lewis will be in the hunt for the title this year are still laughing

Its looking better and better for Mercedes and their drivers.

I didnt laugh, but I am generally a happy sole.

So Im always laughing.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Possibly Paddy Lowe to join Toto at Mercedes?

The Mercedes Monster is gathering speed. I wonder if the people that laughed at me when I said Lewis will be in the hunt for the title this year are still laughing
    I think you are over-optimistic for this year Knockie Even if all these changes at the top prove successful in the long run, it will take a while for the effects to work through the team and car. It may even be disruptive enough to set them back in the short term.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not just this Andy. There have been lots of quiet changes going on at Brackley and I think they're ready to hit the ground running this year. I also think the two drivers they had in 2012 were not getting the most out of the package.

Can't wait.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    nore:
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    I so wanna see Mercedes succeed but they are once again talking the talk, same thing they do every year Pinky...

I'd like them to win the WDC in 2013. It will happen as soon as I finish looking out of my window watching the aerial bacon display.

*wonders if own words will be on menu in November*
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    I am really looking forward to seeing a good car from Mercedes .
    They've been really quiet , but for the shoe lamenting the big money spent at Red Bull , as though he's pumping for some new finance for the team .

That's got to be a red herring , as he kinda disses the red team at the same time , and with it , his own achievements , as being down to the money spent .

I think it has to be obvious now , that they stopped development of that chassis in favour of next year's relatively early, and that may have been the tipping point for Lewis in this.
    Sadly they also said this for each of the 2011 and 2012 seasons... And I predict the 2013 car will be abandoned very early to start work on 2014. Mind you, I do tink Mercedes will come good eventually if they actually put some decent money in. Look how hopeless Jaguar used to be, and where they are now (though the cat on the engne cover has now become a bull!)
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

I always wondered if Mercedes would always be looking at 2014 anyway. Massive Engine changes and being Engine designers they might see that as a good place to start and try and grab a real advantage.