Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I am really looking forward to seeing a good car from Mercedes .
    They've been really quiet , but for the shoe lamenting the big money spent at Red Bull , as though he's pumping for some new finance for the team .

That's got to be a red herring , as he kinda disses the red team at the same time , and with it , his own achievements , as being down to the money spent .

I think it has to be obvious now , that they stopped development of that chassis in favour of next year's relatively early , and that may have been the tipping point for Lewis in this .

Now , all that said , the real reason I want to see this is that I would love to see the battle between Lewis and Jenson , as I think it would be epic , not just because of the drivers , but because of the history involved .

I'm also excited about hearing Pirelli talking about making the tires a little more sketchy , as they were a bit too easy last year .

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    The best thing for me is that until the cars start hitting the track.... it's all just speculation anyway. Subtle changes can lead a car to suit one or the other driver better, and every off season creates changes.

I'm real interested to see how Perez and Hamilton do. One proven driver moving to a "lesser" car and a newer driver moving to a more "proven" car. It might be hard to judge how well Perez is doing though, as it seems Jenson is more particular than many drivers on how a car handles and is set up.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Talent
    No he did nothing.....three wins and three seconds count for nothing.
    Sure they do, but that isn't the whole story is it?
    I think he underperformed with the machinery that he had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Mercedes will sirprise a lot of people as will the McLaren. Lewis will monster the Merc and Jens will glide the Macca to a very interesting season.

Alonso will be in the mix and if any of them are on par with the Bull, then Vettel will get eaten.

Then we have possible changes with Bernie stepping aside which will start a bun fight with the teams scrapping for tit-bits.

All in all, it could be an interesting year.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I think Mercedes will sirprise a lot of people as will the McLaren. Lewis will monster the Merc and Jens will glide the Macca to a very interesting season.

Alonso will be in the mix and if any of them are on par with the Bull, then Vettel will get eaten.

Then we have possible changes with Bernie stepping aside which will start a bun fight with the teams scrapping for tit-bits.

All in all, it could be an interesting year.
    Thanks for helping spread Hamilton's new nick-name I created.
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/1...f1-2013-a.html
    I hope he really whips some ass this season. :

May the forza be with you

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IceWizard
    The teamate battles between McLaren at Mercedes are number one on the list for me. I'm hoping that Jenson Button can recapture some of his 2010 and 11 form as if Perez beats him in his first season at Mc then I fear Jenson's F1 career could be up when his current contract expires. I think the Mercedes battle could be quite close. On one hand I'd like to see Hamilton triumph, but on the other if Rosberg gets beaten easily then it doesn't say much about Schumacher's driving in 2012, which I think was actually pretty decent.
    I've never been a big fan of "Jense" but I don't see him going down without a fight. I've watched his F1 career unfold and has proven to me that he can jack his team partner (at times / for a season at least) no matter who it was. He is much better than he was and not just because he has driven better machinery at his last two teams, he has polish. Poncho Gonzales better come in with his dukes up or JB is likely to knock him out by the third round. And what if his F1 career finished when his current contract expires, he has acquitted himself well for his talent I'd say, and will move on to what I believe to be a prestigious post driving career, however he is not one of my homeboys so I can understand your concern. Plus who are they going to replace him with? Will di Resta have gotten his mind right in another year, I doubt it?
    They'd have to replace him with Alonso
    I don't see Lewis doing the monster mash on Britney in 2013, NR is as fast as or faster than JB, just not quite (by a hair) as sure footed IMO, But that might just be the car.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    that there's going to be that one thing you could do on a Sunday afternoon if nothing better comes up.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Well I still think the Bulls will be strong,and Vettel winning lots of races BUT this will be boring again ,SO I hope the Merc can be quick out of the box,and Lewis takes some good imfo from his old team,and the dark horse could be Kimi. Alonso will be there too,if the Italians can get the red car sorted.Think probably Massa and Webber are in the last year with their present teams too .

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    with lewis and Mercedes both hard on tyres how many laps before pit stops
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I would strongly disagree with those predicting that 2013 will be a boring year because Vettel will likely win.

Yes, Vettel won this year, again, but was 2012 a boring year? Not at all. Fernando Alonso lost by just a few points, and a banal lucky or unlucky event could have swayed the championship competition either way. Considering that there will be relatively little technical regulation changes in 2013, we can expect once again a year with a closely spread field of cars and lots of close competition. The only relative disappointment to me is that it's possible that Lewis Hamilton once again will not be driving a car that's as good as he deserves.