Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAguri
    It's making me think of baseball and a NASCAR or Champ Car type series coming together. It's exciting, but then do the football fans really give a toss? It's the football that's important to them.
    E-X-A-C-T-L-Y-!
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Football fans at racetracks. I don't know...

Does that mean they'll have to re-build the stands to the cages we see at football stadia around europe. Since these "fans" can kill each other over volleyball just because the teams are the same as in footy, there'll be no end to the precautions needed if they bunch a few hundred thousand of them onto grandstands at e.g. barcelona, and dont separate them with 5 meter fences...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe our new team, Toronto FC will consider joining - I'll drive!

Hahahaha, thump (falls off chair, laughing).
    Kawartha Durham Kart Club
    http://www.kawarthadurhamkartclub.com

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1
    E-X-A-C-T-L-Y-!
    Here here!! Exactly. When are these losers going to realise that it ain't gonna work, the majority of football fans like football and that's it. Nothing else..
    Just forget it and spend your money more wisely and promote something else.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I am very passionate about racing, and I am also very passionate about Liverpool Football Club.

When I want to watch racing, I'll watch racing. When I want to watch Liverpool, I'll watch Liverpool.

I do not see the point in combining the two, and I hope my club doesn't get involved in this ludicrous series.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Racing series for soccer players?

Oh, I'd imagine that racing series for politicians would be even more exciting.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dreaming is free for those guys... I can't see it hapenning, motorsport with "flashy new" ideas can't seem to work just look at A1GP, after 2 seasons their popularity is very low

Could atract new fans to motorsport but I still think it's a silly idea
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With the seemed consenus amongst us all here, I imagine that there were no Motorsport fans yet merely the footie fans they included in these seemingly amazing '10' focus groups they undertook!
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A KEY REASON WHY THIS WILL FAIL = SCHEDULING!!

If the series is supposed to attract the motorsport and footie/soccer fan alike, think of the time they are being asked to allocate out of their Sunday/weekend infront of the TV.

The organisers have confirmed that races will start and finish completely before or after that weekends football matches yet considering say GP2 races are also shown on a Sunday....you would be effectively asking the motorsport fan who is also a footie fan, on an F1 weekend on a Sunday, to watch all of F1, perhaps GP2, their teams football/soccer match and then the SuperLeague Formula race!!!!!!!!

As much as I admit I regularly fit my weekend when an F1 race is on, around the race, the vast majority of viewers, particularly the causal viewers and not the petrolheads like us, not surprisingly after a hard week at work, also like to do OTHER things with their weekend.

As we know, with the backbone of F1 viewership still being in Europe, owing to time differences, although by no means the most popular race of the season, the Brazilian GP at Interlagos regularly attains the highest recorded TV audiences owing to the late race start viewing time in Europe/UK, usually around 7pm - this is because people like to do other things with their Sunday afternoon and when they can do these activities, and then fit in the F1 GP in the late evening as with the Brazil GP, the casual viewers contribution to the TV ratings always maintains the Interlagos races' ratings are the highest of the season.

SuperLeague Formula is seeking to get more people to dedicate more of their leisure weekend time to this concept, when their fan base is already dedicating their Sunday to either one of, or both of, F1 and soccer....wonder if they asked questions around this in their Focus Groups??...

It wont work IMO
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I wonder whos going to drive these things. Lets face it, at 750hp we're looking at drivers of the F1, GP2, Champ Car, IRL, RWS level of ability, or those moving up from F3 to this. F1, CC and IRL drivers are all likely to stick with their teams in those respective series, the top young divers will do the same in GP2 and RWS. In all likely hood, this is going to be a series raced by the castoffs of other series, meaning theres a good chance that only half the field is really competant. I dont think theres enough sponsorship going around to support another high level single seater seires either.