Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    I am very passionate about racing, and I am also very passionate about Liverpool Football Club.

When I want to watch racing, I'll watch racing. When I want to watch Liverpool, I'll watch Liverpool.

I do not see the point in combining the two, and I hope my club doesn't get involved in this ludicrous series.
    Ditto - was going to post pretty much the same as this!

And if football teams really want to get involved in racing, let them - like with the Barcelona Nissan WS car and the old Newcastle Lister, but I don't see why they would want to - unless they want to attract new fans from motorsport maybe - but a whole series based around the concept is a pure gimmick and nothing more - and it should - and will - die a death before it gets going.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Ditto - was going to post pretty much the same as this!

And if football teams really want to get involved in racing, let them - like with the Barcelona Nissan WS car and the old Newcastle Lister, but I don't see why they would want to - unless they want to attract new fans from motorsport maybe - but a whole series based around the concept is a pure gimmick and nothing more - and it should - and will - die a death before it gets going.
    Good Point! Plus isnt Seedort part owner of the Trident GP2 team with Figo and Ronaldo acting as ambassadors for the Portugal and Brazil A1GP teams also.

I think Figos involvement is much stronger as he backs a Portugese Sporting Foundation which backs talent in FBMW as well - or did a few seasons ago I recall
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAguri
    It's making me think of baseball and a NASCAR or Champ Car type series coming together. It's exciting, but then do the football fans really give a toss? It's the football that's important to them.
    Funny you should mention that. Pro sports, and motorsports have had some interaction that I'm aware of:

Joe Gibbs racing if I'm not mistaken (I believe Joe Gibbs himself was once a sucessfull American Football coach himself) essentially entered Nascar with alot of help from the NFL (I believe it was a funny sponsorship deal that highlighted a different team each weekend, though I can't remember how...)

And a look at the new Roush Fenway racing shouldn't take to long to see the league that Jack's new partner is into (Fenway is the name of a baseball stadium btw)

So in short, baseball and Nascar, NFL and Nascar coming together has already happened to some extent... Did it result in the ball and stick fans showing an interest in motorsport? Probably not

edit: I was looking at my Tv stand, I have 7-8 nhl action figures, a lora croft figure with my favorite teams emblem on her... um... chest I giant beer bottle coin bank, night light, beer mugs, soup thermos, baseball cap... all featuring my favorite hockey team logo on it (heck, I even have M&M's in my teams colours!!!) And I get really ticked off because I can't find the zamboni, corvette or ford mustang diecasts in my team despite the local stores having montreal, Toronto and the flames!!!

And I don't even think I'm anywhere near as rabid about my team or sport as some of those football fans!!! :

So yes, I can see some spill over
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    I am very passionate about racing, and I am also very passionate about Liverpool Football Club.

When I want to watch racing, I'll watch racing. When I want to watch Liverpool, I'll watch Liverpool.

I do not see the point in combining the two, and I hope my club doesn't get involved in this ludicrous series.
    Then I must congratulate you on having a such a long and prosperous life in the toon then. Can't be easy...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Alonso is a huge Real Madrid fan...
    2008 NASCAR CUP SCRAMBLE CHAMPION

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzie
    Alonso is a huge Real Madrid fan...
    So is Carlos Sainz but I cant see it making any difference who their supporters are.