Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New 'Premier 1' wannabe after a piece of F1's pie

Does anyone remember that Panoz single seater car that was snapped in the Panoz Elan workshop during the deliveries of the first Panoz Champcars and which starting tongues wagging that this may be infact be a Panoz IndyCar as the car featured an engine-cover/roll-hoop air intake..... well, ......turns out its for this new 'Premier 1' type formula due in 2008 aiming to capture audiences comprising both fans of F1 and international football (soccer).

As we all know, Premier 1 died a death before it even begun, largely due to the collapse of Reynard, although a few high profile football clubs did sign up to the concept yet when the series folded, ended up sponsoring teams in the then Nissan World Series instead - seem to recall Zonta being sponsored by Barcelona FC and such like -

Anyway - with F1, ChampCar, IndyCar, A1 GP and GP Masters, I really see NO NEED for yet another series pitched at the top end of the single-seater ladder - Hope it fizzles out before it begins to be honest:

SUPERLEAGUE FORMULA

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=30935

One thing I am intruiged by, when regarding the ongoing F1 customer car debate and the continued cries for American themed F1 teams/chassis, I am intruiged that Panoz are now involved with the production of European/F1 esque single-seater chassis.

Could this mean that down the line, Panoz will start building up the technologies, competences and resource with which to be in a position to build an F1 chassis for new teams wishing to enter the sport in the way that both Dallara (Honda, Midland) and Lola (Super Aguri) have been approached in recent years? This point excites me, yet considering that A1 and GP Masters, although now established and enjoyable, arent the F1 beaters casual viewers and media may have built them up to be, I cant see this 'Superleague Formula' taking off
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The AC Milan Superleague Formula car launch:

Engines will be 750hp, 4.2 ltr V12s!!!
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Liverpool should get involved.

Their car would underperform in the British Grand Prix, but would be fantastic in mainland Europe.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    Liverpool should get involved.

Their car would underperform in the British Grand Prix, but would be fantastic in mainland Europe.
    Good one!
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Surely this is too late for an April Fool? That's the only explaination I can think of for this...
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/57767

"They plan to use 750bhp Elan/Panoz cars built by Elan Motorsport technologies in the United States and with 4.2 litre V12 engines provided by Menard and made at the former Arrows Formula One factory at Leafield in England."

Didnt Super Aguri buy the whole Leafield premises from Menard or do they just lease part of the building??
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    I remember reading something similar sounding 5 years ago. Took some time for them...
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't get it... Are soccer players going to race the cars?? Why would Football teams want to race cars??

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This basic idea has been popping up since at least the early 70's. This is as far as it gets, at least so far. Actually this is further than it usually gets!

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvracin
    I don't get it... Are soccer players going to race the cars??

I might actually pay to see that
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!