Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    By the way, only IRC and ERC results...

With Pavel Dresler 10 starts, 5 victories, that is 50% winning ratio!
    With Petr Starý 32 starts, 5 victories, that is 16% winning ratio.

Of course it's not fully comparable but I think that it's going all well with Pavel
    There was a much higher level of competition when Petr was in the car though

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catty
    There was a much higher level of competition when Petr was in the car though
    That's not fully true. In 2010 and 2011 the competition was usually tough, that's true but quite a lot of those starts are also from 2009 and 2008 when IRC wasn't so strong, some events had really bad entry lists. I don't try to say it shall be taken as some really important statistics but at least it is interesting.

To have a clear view of main rivals in events with Pavel.

Cyprus 2012 - second behind Mikkelsen
    Jänner 2012 - first ahead of Hänninen
    Canarias 2012 - first ahead of Mikkelsen
    Ireland 2012 - third behind Hänninen and Mikkelsen
    Corsica 2012 - second behind Sordo
    Targa Florio 2012 - first ahead of Mikkelsen
    Barum 2012 - he was stopped by technical problem (being behind Hänninen but in front of Mikkelsen)
    Sanremo 2102 second behind Basso
    Jänner 2013 first ahead of Bouffier
    Canarias 2013 first ahead of Breen
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Gareth Roberts had that style too. In the tribute video u see some examples of that.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Liked 3,306 Times in 1,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    So the best ever position for a Polish driver on Canary Islands was Holowczyc's 6th place in 1997. Can Kubica improve it 16 years later?

No, he can't
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Was Kibica stunning, absolutely. Was I surprised and impressed, yes I was.
    Considering a new car, new co-driver and a new course, this is/was impressive.

Although NOT would have said, this is LadyCup drivers, I would say that Kopecky is not "anyone".

When we talk about Kubica's exit, I actually think there is reason to assume that this had something to do with notes. And I do not mean that the codriver is to blame.

Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
    Nah, it wasn't the notes nor the pilot. Kubica explained in detail what happened and admitted it was his mistake. I guess it's part of learning.

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thuGG
    Nah, it wasn't the notes nor the pilot. Kubica explained in detail what happened and admitted it was his mistake. I guess it's part of learning.
    Exactly, and learning also applies to what you add to the notes as brake, slow or neat before or into turns one can often lose grip in front or rear under braking.
    Neat is something one uses into some turns where there is little or no room for error, or through a bend because there is no room for a contra slide into the next one (for some reason).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Last year it was one of their first events after Cyprus and Jänner (I think) but Canarias is more difficult for pacenotes in my opinion. Before they did a lot of development tests together but that's something different. Also Pavel had no experience from WRC or S2000 cars. Last year both in Jänner and Canarias there were moments when Jan asked for getting notes quicker (clear from onboards). Since than they did a lot of events and I think that they are a good team also in personal way
    So, Jan said that last year after all his experiences he still struggling with pacenotes and new codriver, especially on this rally which is very demanding. Also, after watching all available onboards from crew Kubica – Baran my conclusion is that they don’t have those problems … On the moments looks more like GP Canaria …
    jerra-codriver.com

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    nice photo