Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    "If you ain't first, your last..."

Some more pics from MFI Rally 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Macd
    Thanks for sticking. We've got six entries for this now. Anyone else car to join in? i'm busy preparing for a real rally at the minute but i'll get my rally done on sunday morning and the results up early on monday if i can.

Great! Thanks!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for sticking. We've got six entries for this now. Anyone else car to join in? i'm busy preparing for a real rally at the minute but i'll get my rally done on sunday morning and the results up early on monday if i can.
    What rally are you going to participate in and when it takes place?
    <Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes>

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The grant construction stages in Fife, Scotland. It's tomorrow.
    Colin Steele McRae ...5 August 1968 - 15 September 2007...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The grant construction stages in Fife, Scotland. It's tomorrow.
    Good luck mate!
    <Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes>

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Just done shakedown for the event. Had three runs through Shepards Shield:

First run: 02:33.59 - A little bit of stage at some points, car not feeling too good.
    Second run: 02:36.52 - An off towards the end having to drive the car back on the road.
    Third run: 02.31.03 - Went a little bit off stage in the junction after the water splash, and nearly spun. After that pretty much flat out.

Now to the stages!
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

How is it going for everybody? No reports??

DAY 1 SUMMARY FOR BENNIZ/Norwegian/Ford Fiesta RRC

SS1: Uneven driving, hard to find a good feeling on a surface that differs from the rest of the English stages. Almost stalled in the very first corner!

SS2: Pretty clean. Had some close calls, so may be attacking too much. Happy with the time considering it running in the dusk.

SS3: Never liked this stage in snow, and it wasn`t much better on gravel. A couple of offs here and there, but kept the car going. Starting to get used to driving with low light now, but happy that the rest of the rally is in the day time from now.

SS4: Had an amazing roll, going off the stage midways rolling while still going forwards and landing on the wheels. Very lucky! Had a second off later, where I was very lucky not to hit a tree or stone. Too much of an attack, and lucky to still be in the rally.

SS5: At last a clean stage. Had a good push without going over the limits.

END OF DAY COMMENT: "All in all an OK day, but not without some lucky moments. With gravel being my prefered surface I have tried to go as fast as possible before the rally swaps to tarmac tomorrow. I expect to be slower then, but am looking forward to the challenge!"

DAY 2 SUMMARY FOR BENNIZ/Norwegian/Ford Fiesta RRC

SS6: A pretty good run in the damp conditions. The car setup worked well despite the surface being slippier than normal.

SS7: Didn`t want to push to hard on the first tarmac stage of the event. Found the gravel extremely slippy. I think the time turned out OK.

SS8: Had a stall in one of the last hairpins of the descent part of the stage, so lost 4-5 seconds there. Other than that very early on the braking into the hairpins, but have at least got a stable pace for now.

SS9: Not bad. Almost had a stall again in the very last corner of the stage, but was lucky to avoid it. Other than that pretty clean. Starting to get an OK feeling for the tarmac in the car. Had more or less no testing before the event on this surface.

END OF DAY COMMENT: "Less incidents so far on the tarmac than on the gravel during this rally. Allthough I have found an OK pace for now, everything will be new for tomorrow with the rain that will be due. With the last day being the shortest of the three, I will try to maintain the pace without pushing.