Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn240
    1st pass of the recce, driver tells co-driver what notes he wants. Co-driver writes it down.

2nd pass of the recce, co-driver reads notes to driver. Driver tells co-driver what changes, additions, or redactions he wants. Co-driver adjusts notes.

During the rally, same as 2nd pass, only a bit faster, and the changes are a lot less frequent and the writing is less neat.
    how the hell would you know??

j/k
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting. Hope it doesn't stuff Atko up to much.

Best of luck to Glenn.
    wrc.smugmug.com

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn240
    1st pass of the recce, driver tells co-driver what notes he wants. Co-driver writes it down.

2nd pass of the recce, co-driver reads notes to driver. Driver tells co-driver what changes, additions, or redactions he wants. Co-driver adjusts notes.

During the rally, same as 2nd pass, only a bit faster, and the changes are a lot less frequent and the writing is less neat.
    Thanks for your reply Christian,
    In this case is it possible that Atko didn't see the hidden danger of this section during the recce (and some other drivers too), probably because it looked OK when driven slowly?
    Also, is that what he openly admits?

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    All the travelling involved is not pleasant in the long term and if like Curry said he now has to travel alone from Auckland then it must really suck. Also he might have gotten a job offer he can not refuse? Co-driving in WRC is not a lifetime job.

I would think that Ben Atkinson is likely replacement at least in the short term.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    All the travelling involved is not pleasant in the long term and if like Curry said he now has to travel alone from Auckland then it must really suck. Also he might have gotten a job offer he can not refuse? Co-driving in WRC is not a lifetime job.
    I would suspect that leaving Emma behind in Dunedin (home of the Otago Rally) maybe even more difficult.
    “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts”

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    It must be remembered in the light of all this, Ben Atkinson co-drove for Chris all through their campaigning in the Australian Rally Championship, Chinese Rally Championship & the Asian Pacific Championship. When the call came for Chris to move into the WRC, Ben did not want to go with his brother for exactly the reasons Glenn Macneall is giving now. Ben wanted to stay locally & not travel too much as would be required in the WRC. Glenn only joined Chris when he went to Europe.

Since then Ben has compete in the Australian championship on one off events plus tarmac targa road events. Last year, he won the Asia Pacific Rally Championship with Cody Crocker to add to his S1600 APRC win with Chris. Last weekend, Ben co-drove the Zero car at the Rally of Queensland.

Glenn's better half, Emma Gilmour is good rally driver in her own right, competing in the New Zealand Championship. Being on totally opposite sides of the globe for months on end would strain any relationship. I would put a great deal of weight on this factor in Glenn making the decision he has made.

Maybe a PWRC career, co-driving for Emma, might be a way back for Glenn in the future?
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Will be interested to see if Glenn jumps into the co-drivers seat next to Emma this year for the NZ Champs.
    I do think that the long distance relationship is a big part of Glenn's decision here.

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maui J.
    Will be interested to see if Glenn jumps into the co-drivers seat next to Emma this year for the NZ Champs.
    I do think that the long distance relationship is a big part of Glenn's decision here.
    it is already confirm. Mcneall co-drive Gilmour

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="COD"]All the travelling involved is not pleasant in the long term and if like Curry said he now has to travel alone from Auckland then it must really suck. Also he might have gotten a job offer he can not refuse? Co-driving in WRC is not a lifetime job.

QUOTE]

Look, it Aktinson was winning rallies, the travelling would not be a problem! I think Glenn is somewhat fustrated with Chris. Time after time, Chris seems to suffer from red mist. I think Chris's accident on Portugal has the potential to be absolutley MASSIVE. If the car has started rolling, the car would be in bits, and the potential for injury. I think Glenn has took the wobblies, and is getting out before he has one accident too many.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It has to be a decision made after the accident in Portugal. If Glenn had been thinking about this for a long time then Subaru would have announced the replacement co-driver straight away. It's obviously quite a surprise to them.