Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorel
    I still don't think that Brazil's trip down the side road was a bonehead move,
    Well that little "trip downtown" was funny as **** at the time I and would have loved to have heard what he was mumbling over the radio at that moment.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    I was largely wrong about Kimi's comeback, thinking he and Grosjean would be about even in points, and that the Frenchman would eventually be the quicker of the two. I still think RG has the goods, but Kimi's racecraft and ability to get more out of the car over the course of the season suggest that Kimi will outscore Romain again by a healthy margin.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Kimi is a very good racing driver and a bit a special guy - who likes all motorsports but not so much to be a part of all the advertising around the sport - same time gives this his character him many fans. I would like to see him fighting of the title next year, because he's absolutely worth it.. imo
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorel
    I still don't think that Brazil's trip down the side road was a bonehead move, if anything I was impressed that in that split second he remembered that the last time he raced there, the gate had been open and so he could have cut back onto the track. Sure, this time it had been blocked off, but that awareness I consider a good thing.

Am still gutted you got him back for your roundy roundy racing, I think he has something more to offer the WRC, and typical bad timing, for 2013 I think the WRC finally had something to offer him.
    As another rally nut can I demur from the above - glad youve got the self-absorbed egomaniac back and hope that some real sportsmen get the chance in WRC without him muddying the water. He brought nothing to WRC and certainly left nothing behind
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    As another rally nut can I demur from the above - glad youve got the self-absorbed egomaniac back and hope that some real sportsmen get the chance in WRC without him muddying the water. He brought nothing to WRC and certainly left nothing behind
    And as an F1 fan, we're more than glad to have him back. 10 years in F1 and five of those in the top three in points, including one WDC. Top step in lesser series before that as well.

And since the rally crowd is weighing in, who over the years has done very well at both forms of racing? Not intended to start a war, but I don't follow much WRC, so a serious question.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    The rally talebans are as bad as F1 snobs. You're not allowed to be a rich journeyman driver doing what you like. If you don't drive around for years in smaller series and then win rallies and championships you're killing the sport and told to go away.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Kimi was excellent this year. Drove like he never left, and was certainly better than 2009. I will say he was at times flattered by Grosjean's inability to avoid trouble, though. Regardless, an outstanding year. I hope he can win the WDC again.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    He brought nothing to WRC and certainly left nothing behind
    I'm no Raikkonen fan - I find him to be singularly unpleasant, and I don't understand why people think his blunt and oftentimes downright rude manner (like the "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" radio call in Abu Dhabi) is applauded by fans who think he is funny or clever because of it - but at least he gave the WRC a shot. And even if it came to nothing, he still did bring some attention to the category at a time when no-one could hold a candle to Loeb.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    I'm no Raikkonen fan - I find him to be singularly unpleasant, and I don't understand why people think his blunt and oftentimes downright rude manner (like the "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" radio call in Abu Dhabi) is applauded by fans who think he is funny or clever because of it - but at least he gave the WRC a shot. And even if it came to nothing, he still did bring some attention to the category at a time when no-one could hold a candle to Loeb.

Yup. I haven't been the keenest on Kimi but I really respect what he's done this year. I think you're the first person I've seen who said his radio message was rude - that's cool cos I agree actually.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I can understand that a driver might speak in anger sometimes and be unintentionally rude - for all we know, the call came in when Raikkonen was preoccupied with something else and didn't need the intrusion - but it's not like this is an isolated incident. Raikkonen just strikes me as a singularly unlikeable person, and I don't understand why people find his standoffish and brusque personality to be to endearing. It's like my students proudly announcing that they are cynics; cynicism is nothing to be proud of.