Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Novikov and Tänak had the same problems in 2012. Minimal amount or no testing at all makes big difference between factory and non-factory team. At least they have some general settings that M-Sport has (as a result of their own testing), but it suits to some stages and not for the other.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vkangas
    Btw, was Juho's last proper snow rally when he was driving PWRC?
    The last snow rally was Sweden 2008 and only one day testing before Sweden, so it will be difficult. Surely he has more WRC events coming, but it would be very important to get good results and beat at least all the others than Hirvonen, Latvala, Østberg, Loeb and Ogier. Citroën have the speed, fastest drivers will be at Volkswagen, but how about the Polo and Østberg/Ford will be fast on snow...
    Almost everything about World Rallying
    Rally Paradise
    http://drive.to/rally

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miika
    One day of testing for Juho before Sweden.
    Hmmm, he doesn't sound too happy, but as long as the people paying the bills know and understand the situation...

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Well, most of you guys know by a fact that Juho himself thought he should have had better pace in the rally. Maybe, if Monte would have been like it has in the recent years, all tarmac, he was fast. But know it was a lottery and game of tyres with everybody and like we know, Juho lost that gamble badly.
    Sorry, but last pure asphalt Monte was 2008 in which Juho didn't take part.

2009 was a lot of snow, almost like this year. Especially SS10 where Juho and Meeke crashed was in my opinion even worse than Turini 2012. Something like 20 cm of new snow overnight while in lower altitudes it was very wet (where they rolled).

2010 a bit less but still I personally saw 5 stages on snow. That was the most spectacular edition I was there (not being there this year).

2011 wasn't much snow but it was enough for the famous tyre epic fail of Juho, Solberg and Kopecký.

2012 was almost without snow, only half of SS Burzet was on snow (stage where JML did a lot of time to Seb but in second run crashed) and one third of SS St. Jean which was ten cm deep ruts in solid ice full of water from heavy rain. Juho didn't take part in this one.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Whatever. The point was that the conditions this year were worse than expected.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    He didn't have a single test run on snow. That's the case in my opinion.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Novikov and Tänak had the same problems in 2012. Minimal amount or no testing at all makes big difference between factory and non-factory team. At least they have some general settings that M-Sport has (as a result of their own testing), but it suits to some stages and not for the other.
    I think that is was big mistake that Tanak made his made his first with WRC with full-programme. For him would better to make anouther season in SWRC and some round in WRC car. If he used this option he could quetly learn with the car team etc. And only after that make full season with WRC car. I really want to see him in WRC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what was he deal with Tanak and M-Sport in 2012? he was "full supported"" by M-Sport sponsors ( his car only carried Michelin and m-Sport), or did he bring own budget? If the deal was free, Tanak had little choise then to grab the change
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    what was he deal with Tanak and M-Sport in 2012? he was "full supported"" by M-Sport sponsors ( his car only carried Michelin and m-Sport), or did he bring own budget? If the deal was free, Tanak had little choise then to grab the change
    He didn't brought anything. Wilson paid for everything, except hotels and plane tickets.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezhik
    He didn't brought anything. Wilson paid for everything, except hotels and plane tickets.
    Whoa! Lucky guy!
    I still don't believe Mr.Wilson to pay for other driver than his son.
    Tanak was very fast with Fiesta S2000 and he has huge talent but for sure he must find money to compete further.