Thread: midohio 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

midohio 2013

I just found out midohio is not on the alms schedule for 2013. Does anyone know why this is?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Something about not being able to find a date. If you rummage around the ALMS web site, you should be able to find the release that describes the schedule for next year, it's in there.

From that release:

Notably absent on the schedule is Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, which has played host to the ALMS from 2003 to this season. Atherton explained: “Our business plan calls for a maximum of 10 events. This situation, coupled with lack of viable television options with our traditional August Mid-Ohio date, prevented us from returning in 2013. We consider Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course to be one of North America’s best road racing venues, and we look forward to opportunity to return with the unified series in 2014.”
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thank you very much for the explantion formerff. It is no wonder alms as much as I love it is bankrupt and they lost the battle. If their buisness model includes not going to where they have consistantly had their biggest crowds and a course that has helped keep their series alive then they have nobody to blame but themselves for their failures.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I woudn't say that the ALMS is bankrupt or lost the battle. In terms of fan interest, it was way ahead of Grand Am, ISC/NASCAR is much larger then Panoz Motorsport/ALMS, so it's only natural for ISC to buy Panoz's interests.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePI2
    If their buisness model includes not going to where they have consistantly had their biggest crowds and a course that has helped keep their series alive then they have nobody to blame but themselves for their failures.
    Ahhhh.....I think the Boys at Sebring would take exception to that statement.

Mid-Ohio is a small loss. It is a Club Circuit that is ill-suited for the ALMS. So Instead we get COTA. A definite trade up!