Thread: Test days

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Test days

Are test days open to spectators? I would've called in sick to watch the test at Fontana. That's what I did in 2006 when the Champ Cars tested on the road course at Fontana!

IndyCar could market the tests as free events and hopefully win over more fans to the series.
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Read an article about Dario and Dixon testing at Fontana and Sebring next month. I checked California Speedway's calendar and there is no IndyCar test listed. Does anyone know when this upcoming test is and if spectators are welcome? I have some "use it or lose it" leave time that I need to use before the end of the fiscal year. =)
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The tests are usually free to the public, though depending on the circuit, you might be limited to certain areas. The first official test will be at Barber, and since just about all teams will be there, that would be a great choice to check things out. They have tried "Spring Training" events in the past, but they fizzled a bit.

I wish they could get the morning NBC crew to host their morning program from Barber....

There are a lot of good stories already heading into the new year: Andretti's new engineers, SDS and TK, AJ with Penske, SPM adding a second car, Rahal/Jakes at Rahal, Coyne's drivers?, standing starts, double event weekends, Single Dario, etc.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's a Firestone test tomorrow (Tuesday February 12) at California Speedway. I think it's only the Target cars that will be there. I'll wear my Ganassi/Firestone jacket and see if I can just walk in. It's a 2 hour drive from my house but I'm going to use a sick day and skip work so I could go to the test!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I should probably call ahead in the morning. It would suck driving two hours there and finding out they won't let me in and then drive two hours back.