Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, here it is:

Always a character. I have a Subaru yearbook signed by he and Tommi, too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyPat107
    Pikes peak would be ok (kinda boring now that its all Tarmac) but they are changing rules some this year, in my opinion not for the better. There is a possibility Colorado will have a new (well we have run it for years in its short form) longer all dirt hill climb again, most likely 2014. I think that road is easily as fun if not more than pikes peak. Petter would be the perfect guy to bring that event some exposure.
    Woah, hold on a sec... it Whaaaaaaa?
    When did that happen?
    What ****-knuckle decided that was a good idea?

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Sad news, I had the best feelings he would win a WRC round in 2012!!! Sucks to be him, but the sport soon will turn around and hope to see him back in the WRC when things get better! Ohhh.. Really gutted thinking about it.
    But we have the youngsters to look forward to now!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    Woah, hold on a sec... it Whaaaaaaa?
    When did that happen?
    What ****-knuckle decided that was a good idea?
    I co-drove it in 2011 and that was the final year of dirt and the was only a little over 2 miles of it. It was finished being paved a month later. Next year co-drivers aren't allowed "for safety reasons" and there will be qualifying and a few other new rules. Hopefully Lands End Hill Climb will step up to the big time like is being rumored. It would make a great replacement for PPIHC and its all dirt.
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year

Liked 209 Times in 60 Posts
    I'll always remember Petter at Margam Park the last day of Wales Rally GB 2003, the one and only who beat Loeb head to head. The Norwegian has often played a role in front of the camera, but then he acted naturally. That day he was the happiest man on Earth. Almost nobody enjoyed the sport as him, as evidenced following the Subaru quitting the WRC. Petter continued rallying because it was what he really loved, he would do it for free or paying, as so many thousands of drivers worldwide. I post here as tribute this well-known video, which shows not only a man fullfilling his dream to become World Champion but also his family's. The words "I did it, Henning" looking at the camera are moving.
    The extreme happiness of Petter almost blotted out of my mind the infinite sadness of Sainz & Moya at the same place five years before. By the way, again Makinen as co-star, this time the day of his withdrawal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBsN_...layer_embedded
    S-DV 9032; TO V33681; VLE 756X; IN-NL 67; IN-NZ 9; 704 EXC 75; 294 FPF 75; TO-89095-H; K-AM 5803; K-AM 6983; L 555 BAT; N6 MRE; 206 NDP 75; X20 SRT; S600 WRT; 23 DDM 92; WOB VW 369; SP 1013...

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kielder
    I'll always remember Petter at Margam Park the last day of Wales Rally GB 2003, the one and only who beat Loeb head to head.
    Don't forget Loeb was under team orders but that takes little away from Petter's title.

Liked 209 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    Don't forget Loeb was under team orders but that takes little away from Petter's title.
    We won't ever know what could have happened without those team orders. Perhaps winning the Championship for Manufacturers in the first full year of Citroen was important for the factory support the following years as well as that experience made Loeb stronger. Maybe not.
    S-DV 9032; TO V33681; VLE 756X; IN-NL 67; IN-NZ 9; 704 EXC 75; 294 FPF 75; TO-89095-H; K-AM 5803; K-AM 6983; L 555 BAT; N6 MRE; 206 NDP 75; X20 SRT; S600 WRT; 23 DDM 92; WOB VW 369; SP 1013...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kielder
    I'll always remember Petter at Margam Park the last day of Wales Rally GB 2003, the one and only who beat Loeb head to head. The Norwegian has often played a role in front of the camera, but then he acted naturally. That day he was the happiest man on Earth. Almost nobody enjoyed the sport as him, as evidenced following the Subaru quitting the WRC. Petter continued rallying because it was what he really loved, he would do it for free or paying, as so many thousands of drivers worldwide. I post here as tribute this well-known video, which shows not only a man fullfilling his dream to become World Champion but also his family's. The words "I did it, Henning" looking at the camera are moving.
    The extreme happiness of Petter almost blotted out of my mind the infinite sadness of Sainz & Moya at the same place five years before. By the way, again Makinen as co-star, this time the day of his withdrawal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBsN__InFOU&feature=player_embedded
    He made a lot of fans that day. Not just though winning the championship, but for acting in his own natural way.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A sad day! He is one of the best

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Not sure if it was posted elsewhere, Colin Clark interview with Petter:

Petter Solberg Talks about 2013 | Spreaker Online Radio