Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    What a nice touch from Msport
    I don't think this would help much
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Why should VW ask Araujo?
    Because he is the best portuguese driver and it could be a marketing move to portuguese fans.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira
    Because he is the best portuguese driver and it could be a marketing move to portuguese fans.
    Maybe the best Portuguese driver (I would like to see him in a 207 S2000 against Magalhaes, to prove it, IF he is faster...), but certainly not the best sportsman. Since he lost his place at Mini, he has not been driving anymore... If you give up so quickly you're not getting anywhere.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira
    VW could ask Sainz or Armindo to replace Ogier at Fafe
    With the Sainz option I agree, his first refuse was "bearable", but with such circumstances I think Carlos should take the wheel even if he didn't drive the car lately (he developed the car, lol, wouldn't be that hard to drive it again).

With Armindo, although he didn't deserve at all what MotorsportItalia did to him, unfortunately I don't see a very good reason for VW to pick him. He's a local and knows the stage well, sure, but he hasn't competed at all in any rally event since the Mini mess, he's always very "cautious" even when there's not a lot to loose (Fafe last year, for example). And if they wanted a local driver, there's plenty of active younger Portuguese drivers with talent and willing for a chance (although not having WRC experience)... but would be a miracle for a team like VW to give the car to any of them. It would be more certain VW to pick a young driver from ERC / WRC2 or something.

Besides, all this is quite "good" to VW, since it's the first time Mikkelsen will enter a championship event with the Polo later this month and he needs all the experience with the car he can get. He'll do double the runs and double the Kms with the car, giving him precious infos to setup the car to gravel stages.

It's just sad that the even looses a big name like Ogier... only Sainz would fit in perfectly considering his popularity and history in that stage. Or Jari-Matti... but that one is still a mystery case for missing the event.
    Tommi Mäkinen: "There was no option with Mitsubishi... the car was built to go flat out.... was very very difficult to drive if you drive slowly..."

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Armindo have more experience with WRC than Bruno. Armindo did not drive because it is difficult a portuguese driver have budget (Bruno stopped to). I like the 2 guys, but i see with my eyes years and years of portuguese rallyes, and Armindo are a pure talent and a good development driver. I see him win rallyes and champs with Saxo Kit Car against 4WD cars, and with Mitsubishi Lancer against Miguel Campos, Fernando Peres and others good drivers. Bruno are 3x time champion with S2000 against 1 S2000 (Pascoal) and little oponents.

eWRC-results.com - profile Bruno Magalhães

eWRC-results.com - profile Armindo Araújo

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
    And in the end only Mikkelsen will go, great consideration for the thousand of spectators that will be there whating hours (like myselef who will be there from 3 AM...) to see their favorite drivers...
    Erased comment from Volkswagen Motorsport Facebook page, i`m guessing they didn`t like what i wroute...
    Colin McRae
    "you know, i`m always prepared to go 1 gear higher in every corner to beat some one... and in general you can get away with it"

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeropt
    Erased comment from Volkswagen Motorsport Facebook page, i`m guessing they didn`t like what i wroute...
    what did you wrote?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeropt
    Lol, Facebook is for marketing purposes only, no angry opinions allowed.
    Tommi Mäkinen: "There was no option with Mitsubishi... the car was built to go flat out.... was very very difficult to drive if you drive slowly..."