I'll start off by saying JB surprised me his first year at McLaren. I didn't think he had either the talent or the mental strength to challenge Lewis--few of us did--and he clearly proved many of us wrong. Since then, even though Hamilton has proven to be quicker, Jenson has proven time and again that he's an elite driver.

But I'm annoyed by his latest comments about "molding the team" around him and being "team leader."

Sure, Sergio is new and young, but JB seems to have ignored McLaren's philosophy that no driver gets preferential treatment and, until one is mathematically eliminated from the championship, the other won't be asked to move over during a race.

If I was a crew member, I'd be thinking "You weren't number 1 when Lewis was here. We produced two equal cars and let you both get on with it. We didn't mold the team around him. And he still beat you. Why would we mold the team around you now--all of a sudden change our long-standing philosophy--for a driver who was clearly slower than the one who left? What's all this 'I' business? What happened to 'We'?