Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Konkret !
    It's been history for ages for all the Spaniards (and half-Spaniards) I've seen on this forum, yet you for whatever childish reason harped into a multi-thread German-nationalistic harp about Spanish numbnuts
    Glad it's history now for you too
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    I think it's time to get over the outcome of the race, and be both gracious winners as well as losers.
    BTW I love Paella....and not Spanish
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is ridiculous. There is zero chance that had the situation been reversed Red Bull would just concede. It is highly unlikely that had the situation been reversed all the Seb supporters wouldn't be on here talking about how Alonso (or whatever the given insulting name of the moment is) had cheated, lied and the evil Ferrari empire bought off the FIA once again... Get a little perspective. I'd expect nothing less from any team, or any driver to fight on the track and to contest decisions off the track if there is a legitimate issue to contest. Just the publicity alone for these multi-gazillion dollar teams is worth keeping a story alive, as is the controversy for the sport. I expect more on this as the media stage a rematch between these drivers next season.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    You obviously know more than me but I can assure you we all have the same feed at trackside. Back in the UK or Italy, it's different but take it from me that Ferrari do not have hundreds of people sitting in the back of the Garage watching every different feed. Do you think this is James Bond or something? Half the time it's more like Keystone Kops.
    Balls - Ferrari, in common with most teams, have access to all the feeds on the pitwall as well as several Kangaroo units. Back in the factory you can be sure they are watching the FOM feeds. Hell, even I occasionally watch three or fours feeds at once, and I don't have a multi-million dollar vested interest in the result. You don't exactly need James Bond technology, just a red button or an internet connection.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Balls - Ferrari, in common with most teams, have access to all the feeds on the pitwall as well as several Kangaroo units. Back in the factory you can be sure they are watching the FOM feeds. Hell, even I occasionally watch three or fours feeds at once, and I don't have a multi-million dollar vested interest in the result. You don't exactly need James Bond technology, just a red button or an internet connection.
    Back at the factory is a little different to in the Garage Dave. You take the feed from FOM.

I think different streams is what you mean but I'm not very up with the Broadcasting side. It's all one feed is what I mean.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Back at the factory is a little different to in the Garage Dave. You take the feed from FOM.

I think different streams is what you mean but I'm not very up with the Broadcasting side. It's all one feed is what I mean.
    All I'm saying is that if I saw (and understood) both incidents simply by pressing the red button on a Sky box, then it's not exactly James Bond technology out of reach to a company with the resources of Ferrari!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I don't think so - appealing the result of a World Championship in court for me is the lowest thing an F1 team can do. It was nauseating when McLaren did it in 2007 and it is nauseating now.
    Well, to be honest, if Vettel did overtake under a yellow flag illegally then he shouldn't be champion now, and it's as simple as that and I couldn't blame a team for protesting the result as it means that their driver should be champion. It's unlikely to happen though, lets face it.

On another note, when Vettel overtook Kobayashi on lap 57, Kobayashi was pushed off the circuit, and it doesn't appear to me that Vettel gave him the required cars width but it's debatable.

Is there anything else anyone can find?

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    one more case of Alonso trying to cheat BBC Sport - Formula 1: FIA believes Sebastian Vettel has no case to answer
    Chief F1 writer on F1's track warning system

"Drivers are given indications of the status of a race track by three
    different methods - trackside flags and lights and a display in their cockpit.
    These are all supposed to coincide. But in reality there are more flags than
    lights, and the FIA says it has told drivers to respond to the first indication
    of a change of status, whether that be light or flag. The cockpit display is not
    supposed to be able to contradict the track-side indicators, whether flags or
    lights. One of the complications of this situation, is that it does - Vettel's
    dashboard display continues to indicate he is in a caution zone after he passes
    the green flag the FIA says is on the inside of the track by the pit lane exit."
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    BBC Sport understands several team bosses have seen the footage of the incident
    and agree a green flag was being waved at the marshals' post.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet
    This is ridiculous. There is zero chance that had the situation been reversed Red Bull would just concede. ...
    Ferrari have never contested the result. This whole shebang was brought on by outside parties. The Koba pass was mis-analyzed by the people from Sky, mainly Alan McNish. The Stewards quickly dismissed it and it was Ferrari themselves (Pat Fry), who confirmed that it were 'oil flags'. The Vergne pass was blow up by the Spanish media (El Mundo, El Pais and ABC IIRC). They were frothing at the mouth and with what little spanish I can muster, it appeared to me as if they very much expected (even pressured? I don't know) Ferrari to protest. El Mundo had some sort of 'counting down the hours' thing going, where they counted the number of hours that were remaining for Ferrari to protest. Alonso didn't help matters with his 'I don't nee miracles, I make mine with the proper rules' - or something tweet, which got the rags even more going. Earlier today first media reports appeared that Ferrari was asking clarification on it. Note, this is technically not a protest, but merely a request to FIA to have a look and tell them what's what.

In a piece of bizare timing autosport.com came out - mere minutes later - with an 'exclusive statement' from FIA that the pass was legit, confirming what half the interwebs had figured out by tuesday - there was a green flag. To me that looks as if in FIA and team circles this has been a non-issue for days already. I would hazard a guess that Ferrari merely did that clarification request as a token gesture to appease the Spanish media. Afterall, their star driver is a Spaniard and they have spanish sponsors, which would probably not take kindly to Ferrari sitting on their hands doing nothing, even though there was actually nothing to do.

So all those, who say that Ferrari tried to 'correct' the result in the boardroom are wrong - it were the Spanish (and partially the Italian) media, who hyped this stuff. To my shame I must admit, that I made such claims myself in the heat of an argument lately and I hereby wish to retract those claims. Ferrari is free of blame in this one and I think they get out of this without losing face. The media however walk home with quite a lot of egg on it.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю