Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    I beg to differ. I have HIDs on both of my cars and love them. Much better visibility and range. The low beams have cut offs of course to not blind on coming drivers. They absolutely beat the heck out of standard headlights. Even halogens don't provide the depth of illumination for 60 MPH+ driving, which we have a lot of on US highways and interstates. Drivers do need to be courteous and dim lights when they would effect other drivers, but most do. It's the ones without HIDs who drive around with high beams on because they can't see squat otherwise.
    Beg all you want , starter , but it's simple physics .

Those headlights you have , by necessity , must be far brighter than the equivalent amber beam , because the things you wish to light aren't blue , generally .
    If we lived in a blue world , those lights would be perfect , as they could be easily dim enough to not blind oncoming traffic , yet the things in that world would reflect the blue colour .
    As it is , though , in our world here , we don't have enough blue for your lights to reflect , and hence , they need to be extremely bright , to show you what's ahead at 60 mph .

Courteous drivers who do dim on approach are certainly appreciated by those staring into the beams , but they must also realize that even dimmed they are far brighter than regular sealed beam or halogen .
    Eyes facing them will take longer to adjust back , and will tire faster , so you're , even on the dimmed setting , creating tired and semi-blind drivers to face head-on .

Those who forget to turn them down will blind oncoming traffic almost completely , and will almost undoubtedly bring on a flash from the other guy , blinding them .

Sorry man , but they are one of my pet peeves , because they hurt my eyes , and they don't help anyone , in reality .

I believe they are dangerous , and , (sorry) foolish .

En este video se explican algunas de las estrategias y capacidades distintivas que usan los equipos de rally para conseguir sus objetivos, como por ejemplo: la potencia del motor, la tracción de las ruedas, la experiencia de los pilotos, los conocimientos y rapidez del equipo de mecanicos, etc.
    También explica la importacia de factores como el entorno a la hora de competir.

depen del coches no? o el telefon tmbe seria valid?

puc jo tmb?

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Not to mention a very bright light ahead shrinks the pupil so it can't see detail at the fringes as well. You're literally looking through a roll of toilet paper with very bright lights. Look and usefulness are two different things. Plus HIDs still blind oncoming traffic both in their 'legal' state and when affected by dirt, poor alignment, lack of maintenance, etc. And that's before we look at glare in snow and fog.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Sorry. I've used conventional headlights, halogen (slightly better), specialty lights - cibie & marchal replacement lights (much better than the halogens - still got two sets in the basement) and now the HIDs. I'll keep the HIDs thank you.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Enlightening thread.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Sorry. I've used conventional headlights, halogen (slightly better), specialty lights - cibie & marchal replacement lights (much better than the halogens - still got two sets in the basement) and now the HIDs. I'll keep the HIDs thank you.
    Is that "sorry" for hurting our eyes ?

And , don't they hurt yours coming at you ?
    Just wondering a little if my poor attempt at explaining the physics of it was understandable .

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Enlightening thread.
    Brilliant comment , bright boy . Hee hee .

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Is that "sorry" for hurting our eyes ?
    Not sorry at all. I'd rather hurt you eyes than hurt me by hitting that deer.

And , don't they hurt yours coming at you ?
    Just wondering a little if my poor attempt at explaining the physics of it was understandable .
    Sure it was understandable, but I don't agree with your premise. They also don't hurt my eyes and I've never heard anyone else say they hurt theirs.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover