Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Yep. Thick fog and silver coloured cars with no lights. Or at best their parking lights. Crazy.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Yep. Thick fog and silver coloured cars with no lights. Or at best their parking lights. Crazy.
    this reminds me of the song "I samma bil" by Bo Kaspers Orkester
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    The clue is in their name. PARKING LIGHTS!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was driving through Latvia and Lithuania in a Truck and was flashed when I forgot to put my lights on in the morning so I guess they have a similar Law.

My bike in the UK is hard wired. There is no option for turning the dipped beam off and it's bloody bright. Cars keep flashing me when I pass them because the dipped beam looks like a full beam to them but there's nothing I can do. It's the EU's fault and it's worse when I'm loaded or POB.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Car flashing you means they can see you = good thing.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I was driving through Latvia and Lithuania in a Truck and was flashed when I forgot to put my lights on in the morning so I guess they have a similar Law.

My bike in the UK is hard wired. There is no option for turning the dipped beam off and it's bloody bright. Cars keep flashing me when I pass them because the dipped beam looks like a full beam to them but there's nothing I can do. It's the EU's fault and it's worse when I'm loaded or POB.
    The amount of bike riders I pull up next to at traffic lights in the day on my commute to work with their blue full beam light on - on the dash - is worrying. I've chastised a couple for it - generally because they have blinded me when following me, but generally I've come to the conclusion they are too thick to care.........
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Trust me fella, with new bikes, they are probably dipped but anyone driving around on Full is a idiot. I find that unless I'm on a Duel or Motorway, I get better visibility on dipped.

Mind you, it's better than in Brasil. Here you get cars, Taxi's, Trucks and Busses driving around without any lights at night. The only way I managed to not step out in front of a bus this evening was because the destination board at the front was lit.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Here's a rant for ya .

Whomever had the idea that blue lights were better with which to see , needs a good smack .

If you need proof , go to the airport , where seeing is an essential part of living .

Lights on the ground denoting runways are always a blue , likely mercury vapour .
    Lights on the plane are yellow , likely sodium vapour .

The main reason for this is that we are able to see a blue wavelength from a greater distance , so it makes sense to have those on the ground , showing the runway .
    The yellow wavelengths work far better at illuminating our environment , simply because there are more tones of yellow in our world to reflect it , and this is how we illuminate things . The colour must be reflected by the light which shines on it .

So , those with those blue lights have two issues .
    They spent money to get better lights with which to see , and don't .
    And , they blind oncoming traffic .

They are simply a stupid idea that they have made most people believe is a good one .
    Outlaw them , and give the inventer a good smack .

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    That's why I don't like most HID light systems, and tend to look for bulbs with a yellow tint though some people go a bit overboard and try to imagine they're in France 20 (oh God more like 30) years ago.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y
    That's why I don't like most HID light systems, and tend to look for bulbs with a yellow tint though some people go a bit overboard and try to imagine they're in France 20 (oh God more like 30) years ago.
    I beg to differ. I have HIDs on both of my cars and love them. Much better visibility and range. The low beams have cut offs of course to not blind on coming drivers. They absolutely beat the heck out of standard headlights. Even halogens don't provide the depth of illumination for 60 MPH+ driving, which we have a lot of on US highways and interstates. Drivers do need to be courteous and dim lights when they would effect other drivers, but most do. It's the ones without HIDs who drive around with high beams on because they can't see squat otherwise.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover