Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Andy neate leaves triple 8

Seen this on Facebook.

andy neate has left mg. leaving a place open for a new driver at mg, or possibily 2 new drivers. It has been said that mg might run 3 cars next year.

it will be sad to see him go, but i think mg will be glad they don't have to take a spare truck to each race meet just to repair his car.

I would like to see Paul o'neil or another proven race driver help MG compete with Honda.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykweb
    Seen this on Facebook.

andy neate has left mg. leaving a place open for a new driver at mg, or possibily 2 new drivers. It has been said that mg might run 3 cars next year.

it will be sad to see him go, but i think mg will be glad they don't have to take a spare truck to each race meet just to repair his car.

I would like to see Paul o'neil or another proven race driver help MG compete with Honda.

Get another top name in the team - Thompson, Giovanardi, Turkington to name a few...
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATF
    Get another top name in the team - Thompson, Giovanardi, Turkington to name a few...
    Yes but what is that going to do with MG and Triple 8's funding, it has been suggested here and other forums that Andy's funding was crucial to the team on the grid and that MG manufacturer funding is not like that of Vauxhall or Seat in the past! I think we all would be delighted to see any of those in a Triple 8 MG - all driven for them before - not sure what Jason would say and I the Turks / relationship only lasted one year (2005) didn't it?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Maybe the loss of points out weighs the funding? Neate was extreamly poor last year (again!) so I doubt the team are that bothered! I do know that a few of the other drivers will be extreamly dissapointed to read that he wants to stay in the championship!

I dont think it will be O'neil as Speedworks are looking for another driver to go along side him. Newsham and Lea Wood are testing for them tomorrow.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy GC
    the Turks / relationship only lasted one year (2005) didn't it?
    And Ian Harrison said a few times that he regretted letting him go.

Has to be somebody with serious cash behind them, which means it won't be anybody we really want to see.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets be honest Neate was shocking all year, in a car that was challenging for the title. Where did he finnish? Glad he's gone, let shope MG get a good racer in the car to support Plato or challenge Plato for the title.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    That someone of Turkington's talent has sat on the sofa for most of this year is a sad indication of how poor the BTCC has become. If MG can run three cars get Turks in one and a pay driver in the other...two strong drivers will help them take the fight to Honda.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    That someone of Turkington's talent has sat on the sofa for most of this year is a sad indication of how poor the BTCC has become.
    One might suggest it doesn't say much for the WTCC, either. All the same goes for the way in which Thompson and Giovanardi have been left on the sidelines.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Has to be somebody with serious cash behind them, which means it won't be anybody we really want to see.
    If MG ever seriously want to win the manufacturers' championship, it at least has to be someone better.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    If MG ever seriously want to win the manufacturers' championship, it at least has to be someone better.
    I honestly don't think they do. The team's too focused around one driver.
    You lot still here?!